Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Internal & External Speakers running on iMac

• 24-03-2010 6:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭

This may be in the wrong section but I thought here would have more knowledge, basically I want to run the internal and external speakers together, the external speakers arent great, they are 2.1 but I just want to try it anyway, does anyone know how to set this up? I have the speakers plugged into the audio jack at the back but then the speakers won't plat from the actual iMac speakers

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I don't think you can do it using the headphone output of the iMac. The OS is configured to mute the internal speaker output when headphones/speakers are connected.

You might be able to get a USB sound output device and run the speakers from that without muting the internal speakers, but I am just taking a bit of guess on this.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Moved thread here for a better chance that someone's encountered the issue already.

Cheers,

Ritz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

cnocbui wrote: »
    You might be able to get a USB sound output device and run the speakers from that without muting the internal speakers, but I am just taking a bit of guess on this.

yes that will work, i've done it with an m-audio usb sound interface

Advertisement