Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MA in Modern History

Options
  • 24-03-2010 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

I want to do the MA in Modern History but someone told me that you have to take either german or french as part of it, and they seemed to think it was a compulsory element, anyone know if this is true? have emailed the course coordinator but haven't gotten a reply.... thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭FishTaco

Dont think so, although you're encouraged to have some grasp of the language if you're looking at studying a foreign country.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭mc1990

thanks for that :)yeah I was sure I read on the courses information page on the schools website that language modules can be taken but I was under the impression that these were optional, not core modules. This person who I was talking to seemed to think it was compulsory, hence the confusion :confused::rolleyes:I did french for leaving cert but don't think I would be at university standard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭V480

mc1990 wrote: »
    have emailed the course coordinator but haven't gotten a reply.... thanks :)

What a surprise. Why does nobody in UCD answer emails, ever?? Or phones for that matter.

V480 wrote: »
    What a surprise. Why does nobody in UCD answer emails, ever?? Or phones for that matter.

quite frustrating indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭FishTaco

Who did you email, Sandy Wilkinson? Send an email to the history office too.

• Advertisement

emailed David Kerr, he's the course coordinator... might email Sandy Wilkinson and the office as well, thanks :)

Advertisement