Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you get out of the Arts?

Options
  • 24-03-2010 7:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi Guys,

I'm doing a Case Study for college on skills and abilities learnt through the arts.

I'm looking to see, apart from the obvious creative talent gained, what skills people learn or develop from the Arts. If anyone has experience they would like to share I'd love to hear them!!

Also what are peoples opinions of the arts in education?

Thanks a mil

Aly

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Communication, problem solving, teamwork, leadership, non-linear problem solving, co-ordination...and a load more.
    I believe the arts are essential in education. Each child, for example, learns differently. Finding arts media that stimulates learning is vital, whether that's verbal, visual, tactile etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

Budgeting, time-management, logistics, group facilitation and making magic. Also, how to live on feck all.

Arts in education allow people to explore difficult life experiences in a safe way. It teaches people how to stand up for themselves in a responsible manner, how to negotiate, how to handle other people's point of view and how to engage with life in a deeper sense, if you are that way inclined.
    It introduces unusual concepts to the education system such as fun, joy, creativity and plain old messin about.

Advertisement