Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie BC2 "FUN" Competition

Options
  • 24-03-2010 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭

Now before we start into this its only for FUN and slagging, please dont take the game seriously and enjoy it.

I have no problem organising a competition for boards.ie / TiG / Other clans, or whatever peeps want. It can be clan teams or it can be mixed teams, what ever floats everyones boat.

Mode will be Squad Rush to start with, 4 v 4, with teams being flexible so that teams down a player on the night can get other players to help out in the spirit of taking part etc. TiG, and any other Irish clan can make their server available for all matches. Any squad taking the whole thing too seriously and causing problems may well be asked to leave.

I need one or two more guys to help me get this organised, and would like matches to be played on two nominated nights per week, Wednesday and Sunday would be an idea to aim for.

So firstly can I have at least two other players, outside TiG prefably to help get this organised and off the ground.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

well played sir.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

As mod of this forum I suppose I should say "me" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Would love to partake and organise but new sprog and all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I help if needed.

ex mod :P

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

OK thats the first bit sorted. Comp will be organised by Ponster, Dreamers and myself. Please now sign up with teams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

Sounds good fairy! Need any help I'm up for it!

Would this be strictly a weekend thing or what? Would love to partake just can't guarantee it. :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Count me in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭jigsaw 1

Id be interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I will PM my 3 musketeers......and see will they play. But I am in ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Count me in aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I'll play :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

Count me in.

OK then go away and organise teams, 5 players per team that way allowing for a sub etc. If there are no objections to clan teams then the clans will be able to put in a team or two each.

Lets give this until next Wednesday for teams to be formed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I can see each match consisting of 8 medics with M60s :P

Is there a ruleset or format up fairy ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I'm not part of a clan and don't have any friends who play so I'll play with other boardsies in the same situation if anyone is interested, PM me and I'll start a team

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

count moi in

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

I would be up for it but as I currently don't have a mic for teamspeak there's no point. I'm scraping some money together to buy a headset at some stage in the future, might start a thread to get some recommendations.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Is there a ruleset or format up fairy ?

No not yet. Will speak to fellow organisers and get something up quickly, which will be posted up allowing some discussion before finalisation.

Again can I re-empahise that this is for fun only. Please do not take this too seriously to the point where bitching starts. Theres no point in having rules that cannot be enforced so there really is no point in kit limiting etc. By keeping the rules to a minimum it will stop all the hassle!

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

I'm interested, will see who i can persuade to suffer playing with me. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Anyone got a spare spot on their team?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

count me in, team ready to go ;)

4mains and 2 subs, brining the noize

I cant see anything wrong with playing using clanbase ruleset. Have a read at http://clanbase.ggl.com/rules.php?lid=10612#chap_1 and confirm if OK.

Remember the simpler we keep it the more fun there is to have. The only real rule I seen here was no C4 on the MCOMs, which I agree with. Also all players will have to confirm their GUID's, which an admin can do via one of the admin tools.

that ruleset prohibits a lot of the perks Derm, and there is really no way to police it.

As this is basically infantry based I would favour something along the lines of no GL, no Mortar, no m60 and no CG. everything else should be fine, and it restricts the most OP piece of kit per class.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

I'm happy enough with that ruleset! Just need to get on a team now!

karma_ wrote: »
    that ruleset prohibits a lot of the perks Derm, and there is really no way to police it.

As this is basically infantry based I would favour something along the lines of no GL, no Mortar, no m60 and no CG. everything else should be fine, and it restricts the most OP piece of kit per class.

It only disallows the M60 and the tracer dart ya ejit! Better to just allow everything bar the C4, less policing and more gaming that way! I dont want this to dissolve into a row about someone accidently using a weapon that is disallowed! Please make it easy for everyone!

Should dissalow sniper kit as that would be you fecked Karma! :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Tbh them rules while on the right track are deeply flawed.
    For a start atleast 3 more medic LMGs are just as overpowered as the M60,ban one ban em all and let medics use non LMGs.
    I didnt read it all but i didnt see any mention of some of the shotguns with slugs sniping across the map, totally ridiculous.

I could if you lads wanted make a nice rules pack for yas =) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ABE

boooo @ wed and sundays lol

have fun lads, As fairy said keep the rules simple, the less hassle the more fun people have and less bitching.. no mortar, and no c4 on bombs is a def also that shotgun that kills you from 100 miles away cant be used.

• Advertisement

lads, I'm sure the match night can be flexible to accomodate everyone who wants to play.

Advertisement