Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Media Production Management BA(Hons)

• 24-03-2010 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hey guys, Im sure you are bombarded with questions about this course etc etc, I am not applying this year as Im only in 1st year of my HND in Media Production. I just want to know would it be worth my while doing this course (Like what employment Prospects would you have etc ?) or going over to IADT and doing the other two years in Film and TV production. I want to work in the media, but just don't know what yet. I want a more steady sort of career when I leave, instead of 2 months on, 2 months off sort of thing. Can any of you point me in the right direction ?

Thanks In Advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

If you're not sure what area of the media you want to work in then go for the MPM. You'll be worked hard and you'll get to work on projects with people from different disciplines (radio, print etc).

A degree does not get you jobs in the media, producing consistently good work and extending it to outside college does.

Media Production is two years right? There should be a talk on the MPM degree around January next year. Or you could track down someone studying it at the moment.

Best option though would be to talk to the guidance counsellor (Julie I think is her name?), she's brilliant. For my course she had details for the past five years on what every student went on to do after finishing, as well as essays from past students on their current job and how they got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ndubz

Thanks very much man, you've been really helpful. Thanks for the advice, think I will go for the MPM degree.

Gary

Advertisement