Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Any played Splinter Cell Conviction (demo) yet?

• 24-03-2010 8:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭

I just downloaded and played the Splinter Cell Conviction demo. It's really short but the take downs are pretty cool and I like the way the game prints your objectives on walls/buildings. The whole thing reminds me of Arkham Asylum. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Is it like the original Xbox games or like the rubbish Double Agent?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Davei141 wrote: »
    Is it like the original Xbox games or like the rubbish Double Agent?

It's quite different to the older SC games, much faster and action-y. The demo's pretty good, short though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Downloaded it today, finished it on all difficulty levels and must say was impressed. Wasn't too sure of the the new "mark and execute" but it really does add a new dimension to the gameplay as it gives you multiple ways of clearing a room. Was disappointed it was a bit short but level was obviously cut down to show off new moves especially as I later saw the the proper version of that level in a video walkthrough.
    The interrogation scene at the start was very satisfying. Me likes the new Fisher!
    I used to think Double agent was crap but I sat down and gave it a good go and finished it like I did the rest of the series. My conclusion is that its the 2nd best of the series behind Chaos Theory. The suspense of doing two jobs for the 2 different organisations without getting caught was brilliant. Good story and it really started getting tricky near the end.

Double Agent was actually the first Splinter Cell I finished and I must say I did enjoy it but it was very different game/feel to earlier games. I'm currently playing through Chaos Theory and imo DA feels more like the new game than the old games. Less stealth and more action but in a good way.

Advertisement