Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting Students

Options
  • 24-03-2010 8:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭

Just after having a look at that "acceptable abbreviations" thread for LC accounting and an impotant point was raised - accounting is as much about speed as it is about knowledge(well sort of).

So basically does anyone have any tips for increasing speed? What and what not to do...

e.g. 1) Use the same colour pen throughout. Dont waste time alterneting between black and red.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Ashashi

I use different coloured pens when doing suspense, just makes it a little bit easier.

I lost marks trying t speed up in the Interpretation question because I just wrote down the answers for the a parts. Stupid marking scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

If you do your workings in T-account style, abbreviate all of your words or use only initials.

Also unless you are really messy don't bother ruling pages for your trading, p&l account and balance sheet- Just write in neat-ish columns!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

Is there any point totting up your sections of the balance sheet to get a total? Don't think there's any marks for the final total...or is there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Messi 10

Lola92 wrote: »
    If you do your workings in T-account style, abbreviate all of your words or use only initials.

Also unless you are really messy don't bother ruling pages for your trading, p&l account and balance sheet- Just write in neat-ish columns!:)

Don't know about that. It wouldn't look great I think. The handiest thing is just to rule out a few pages straight away as soon as you go in before you even get the text paper. Good point on the T Accounts though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

Messi 10 wrote: »
    The handiest thing is just to rule out a few pages straight away as soon as you go in before you even get the text paper.

Is that allowed? Writing on your script before the invigilator says 'start'? Don't want to go off topic but :D can i write down 10 shakespeare quotes on the english exam as soon as i walk in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭eoins23456

yeah you can.u can write down formulas and quotes and stuff as soon as ya get your exam paper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Messi 10

pathway33 wrote: »
    Is that allowed? Writing on your script before the invigilator says 'start'? Don't want to go off topic but :D can i write down 10 shakespeare quotes on the english exam as soon as i walk in?

Yeah as Eoin says you can. So make sure you have your exam number and calculator model and all that craic written in before you get the paper.

When the examiner says start it means that you can open the actual exam paper.

Advertisement