Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First visit.......................first impressions

Options
  • 24-03-2010 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭

SIZE="4"][/SIZE]Just returned from our first trip to Kilkenny .Both of us really enjoyed our stay. The people are friendly and the pubs really good.

Our hotel the Pembroke was nicely located, staff friendly and a very nice restaurant also. First pint was in the left bank Fri. evening 7.30pm.It was quiet but cozy with a nice big open fire. The barman was very chatty.

Then went for a bite to eat. Later we stopped off in Ketlers,it was ok but a little crowded for me. A four piece band were pretty lively. Next on to Bollards a really lovely spot, big open fire and a bluegrass session......the lads played great stuff, must learn the dobro well done guys, thanks for a great night.;)

Saturday was spent shopping then in to The Field to watch rugby nice pint nice pub. At half time moved on to the Hibernian. It was ok not a great pint left before match ended. Back to hotel a quick wash and off for a meal. ;)

Stopped off at Harkins for a very nice couple of pints there and on to Lautrecs for a fantastic meal .Finished the night with a few more pints in O Riadas or was it O Ryans cant remember but a really nice cozy old style pub with a the best Guinness all weekend.:D

Overall a great weekend with only one major gripe.:mad: Why O Why do they allow traffic through the town,it would be so much nicer if it were pedestrianized similar to Shop street in Galway.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

I'm glad you enjoyed your time in Kilkenny Martin.

I have similar feeling regarding better pedestrian movement on Kilkenny streets. In a couple of weeks there will be a new one way system introduced which I hope will be an improvement for walkers.

Come again and hopefully you'll find that aspect much improved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 D bold one

martin1 wrote: »
    SIZE="4"][/SIZE]Just returned from our first trip to Kilkenny .Both of us really enjoyed our stay. The people are friendly and the pubs really good.

Our hotel the Pembroke was nicely located, staff friendly and a very nice restaurant also. First pint was in the left bank Fri. evening 7.30pm.It was quiet but cozy with a nice big open fire. The barman was very chatty.

Then went for a bite to eat. Later we stopped off in Ketlers,it was ok but a little crowded for me. A four piece band were pretty lively. Next on to Bollards a really lovely spot, big open fire and a bluegrass session......the lads played great stuff, must learn the dobro well done guys, thanks for a great night.;)

Saturday was spent shopping then in to The Field to watch rugby nice pint nice pub. At half time moved on to the Hibernian. It was ok not a great pint left before match ended. Back to hotel a quick wash and off for a meal. ;)

Stopped off at Harkins for a very nice couple of pints there and on to Lautrecs for a fantastic meal .Finished the night with a few more pints in O Riadas or was it O Ryans cant remember but a really nice cozy old style pub with a the best Guinness all weekend.:D

Overall a great weekend with only one major gripe.:mad: Why O Why do they allow traffic through the town,it would be so much nicer if it were pedestrianized similar to Shop street in Galway.
    Ur choice of pubs woz gud....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I enjoy kilkenny. Dont let the waterford forum members know that though. I would be killed. Any kilkenny people I know are the salt of the earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Lord ButterSlip

Glad you had a good time! The one way system should improve things no end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 swifty73

catbear wrote: »
    I'm glad you enjoyed your time in Kilkenny Martin.

I have similar feeling regarding better pedestrian movement on Kilkenny streets. In a couple of weeks there will be a new one way system introduced which I hope will be an improvement for walkers.

Come again and hopefully you'll find that aspect much improved.
    dont think he will enjoy it here as the local heads cant do one way, what a joke.

• Advertisement
Advertisement