Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Axminster Power Tools

Options
  • 24-03-2010 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭

Hi I am on the back to work scheme with the social welfare and have applied for the technical assistance fund to buy some tools. As part of the grant I have to pay a share and the social welfare pay the balance.

Now I paid my share of it last week 215 sterling (had to lodge it into their bank account in England so had to do an international transfer in the bank).

Now the problem is the woman who I have been dealing with now says she got the wrong information from her accounts department and cannot issue me a statment saying I paid the 215sterling (my share) and show the balance (681.50 sterling) on it. I was told this would be no problem and now it is:mad: and I need to get the invoice for the socail welfare which I need badly.

I could pay the balance myself and get reinstated from the social welfare but the problem there is that I don't have the money to cover the balance of.

Does anyone know what the best way to approach this would be?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Hi I am on the back to work scheme with the social welfare and have applied for the technical assistance fund to buy some tools. As part of the grant I have to pay a share and the social welfare pay the balance.

Now I paid my share of it last week 215 sterling (had to lodge it into their bank account in England so had to do an international transfer in the bank).

Now the problem is the woman who I have been dealing with now says she got the wrong information from her accounts department and cannot issue me a statment saying I paid the 215sterling (my share) and show the balance (681.50 sterling) on it. I was told this would be no problem and now it is:mad: and I need to get the invoice for the socail welfare which I need badly.

I could pay the balance myself and get reinstated from the social welfare but the problem there is that I don't have the money to cover the balance of.

You'll need to go back to the UK company and ask for a receipt/statement. They have your money so should surely be able to provide proof of that. If you tell them you will be asking for the money back if you can't get the receipt, it might change their tune? Ask nicely first though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

They gave me a statement showing the 215sterling as being paid but nothing showing the balance. I need the invoice showing the balance as well as a VAT number on it. I have emailed the lady Iv been dealing with so hope she sorts it out.

I cant see why they need the order to be paid in full before they will issue me an invoice showing what I have paid and what needs to be paid.

It's turning out to be a nightmare as some of the stuff I want is only available on their website and whatever tools I order have to come from the one company

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

An invoice is a legal document which has to be supplied. There is no arguing with this fact.

A statement is supposed to show outstanding open items. Therefore what you received was not a statement but a receipt, as it showed the money you paid.

Ask for an invoice, or even sales order.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,079 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Speaking as an accountant, it seems to me that the woman that you're dealing with hasn't got a clue. If you've got a reference number, I would contact the accounts department direct. They must be able to come up with a statement, or even a letter confirming what you've paid, and what you owe. It would take them five minutes.

That's what I thought. That a something to prove what I have paid and an invoice for the social welfare showing the balance are fairly legal documents that they should be able to provide for me.

• Advertisement

Hi just to update this. I got everything sorted out in the end and recieved all the tools last week. I got an email from a girl in their accounts department and she contacted the social welfare and everything was hunky dorey after that.

Advertisement