Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inferno 8 Street Fighter 4 Tournament

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

I predict doom moving up to number 1 seeing as guile got those cool sun glasses

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Bush80 wrote: »
    I predict doom moving up to number 1 seeing as guile got those cool sun glasses

Too right.

When I get super it's straight into training to master flash kick fadc sunglasses.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Think I might attend this. Haven't been playing since before Christmas but I wanna get back into things for SSF4. Also it'll be good to meet the peoples.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

When I get super it's straight into training to master flash kick fadc sunglasses.

I would love to see you do this in a tourney!!

You would be god tier forever!!

Sagat06 wrote: »
    I would love to see you do this in a tourney!!

You would be god tier forever!!

I have a suspicion your wish may be fulfilled many, many times. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Do Guiles sunglasses come off or do they stay on for the round?I'd love to see Bison st rh them off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

blag wrote: »
    Do Guiles sunglasses come off or do they stay on for the round?I'd love to see Bison st rh them off!

Guile can take them on or off but no one else can.

blag wrote: »

Azza? Is that you?!

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

placebo wrote:
    bit of a generalized assumption there lads,
    some of the players have been getting better at a rapid level

and just to use this as an example [dont look too much into it]
    i feel i will get alot more wins with the new chun-li ultra, the game is gonna change drastically, with new characters etc

plus sagat players will go down etc etc
    so i dont see how the seeds will stand as i

There is currently no Sagat players in the top seeds. Hound plays him but he can play most characters very well so even if Sagat is alot worse Hound will still do well.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

animaX wrote: »
    Nice! Did you get a TE?

Yeah, got it for a good price too. Figured if I'm going to switch, should go for the best :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Pretty sure I can make this now so my vote would be 1 & 1 if it even still makes a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Unless some people have drastically improved, I'd say he's about right. (e: before that gets taken out of context and seen as an asshole jab or something, it's not--it's kinda just the truth. :-/)

Nobody is disillusioned about how good/not good they are.
    I'm not saying the top guys will all of a sudden get taken over or drop out, but that list will defiantly change around and I'm surprised at peoples lack of knowledge regarding players skill. There is no way in hell every single player in that list is better then every other single player in the scene.

Tier 2 seeds has a shit tone of contenders in this community , thats for damn sure. & imo we deffo have a couple of contenders for tier 1, some of which are currently in tier 2 and some not on the list at all.

& this is all regardless of gaining skill level as farz touched on. With what farz has touched on, which is also true, this all adds to the possibility of even more change.

If that list is 100% the same bar hound , at the end of the summer I'll eat my farz's hat.

If it has changed, I shall be making a nelson style HAHA post. Oh yes. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

when my rose is done, you'll all be eating my hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Placebo wrote: »
    when my rose is done, you'll all be eating my hat.

I'm still watching you.

Speaking as one of these mysterious magic top 8, I will be very suprised if it remains the same.

I was tier 2 for the longest time and not wanting to boast but if I am technically one of the top 8 then anyone could be. Everyone's beaten me at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭fake_roogle

All I did was agree with Azza (or was that my wrongdoing? :-p) and give a perspective which did ring true from the last time I attended (which was a few months ago), not recently. Like I said, surprise me on Saturday, I'm excited for it. Also, Newtype is not coming, so we won't have enough for a North v South 5v5 rematch.

Placebo wrote:
    bit of a generalized assumption there lads,
    some of the players have been getting better at a rapid level

I don't see anyone getting better rapidly but some people are improving in small amounts and some are staying roughly the same. At the same time the top players are likely to be improving at a similar rate.
    Placebo wrote:
    i feel i will get alot more wins with the new chun-li ultra, the game is gonna change drastically, with new

Look at the current top 8.
    We have a Ryu, Cammy, (Chun-Li, Rufus, Blanka) 2 M.Bison's, 1 Guile, 1 Balrog and 1 Dhalsim. Only Rufus is a disadvantage match for Chun, and the rest are even or advantage Chun. 6 of 9 characters (not including Chun) the current top 8 players use are with characters that are considered weaker overall than Chun in SF 4. There is no reason why Chun-Li can't do well in Irish tournaments now. Its not like any of the current top 8 have maxed out these characters.
    Sisko wrote:
    Tier 2 seeds has a **** tone of contenders in this community , thats for damn sure. & imo we deffo have a couple of contenders for tier 1, some of which are currently in tier 2 and some not on the list at all.

Of the current tier 2 Sagat06 and Dreddy are the most likely to move into the top 8. Sagat06 has already been there but he has entered consistently enough. Dreddy looks like giving up Gief in SSF IV which will probably set him back for a while.

Hound will easily make top 3 in my opinion.

Simon Lau doesn't attend Inferno so he is not seeded but I'm sure he would easily make it into the top 5 if he was attending.

Tin could do it as well if he was interested in playing SF 4 but he is not and I think he is leaving Ireland soon.

Of the current top 8 I think its generally accurate.
    Doom being the only exception, his placement in the top 8 seeds is more to do with him consistently attending both Inferno and Dragonslayer events than to player ability. He's for sure worthy of Tier 2 status but I don't think he's at the same standard of the other top 8 players.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Theres also chunkis but I'm not just talking about the top 8 though I'm talking about the entire thing.

The entire list.

Again, if the entire list is exactly the same by the end of the summer, bar hound. I'll be eating farz's hat (sorry farz I don't have a hat).

However if I was a betting man, I'd be betting a picture of nelson will be posted at the end of the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Poor Doom..................

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭fake_roogle

Sisko wrote: »
    Theres also chunkis but I'm not just talking about the top 8 though I'm talking about the entire thing.

The entire list.

Again, if the entire list is exactly the same by the end of the summer, bar hound. I'll be eating farz's hat (sorry farz I don't have a hat).

However if I was a betting man, I'd be betting a picture of nelson will be posted at the end of the summer.

We can talk on IRC if you want to take this further, but now you just sound like you're taking this personally.

• Advertisement

All I did was agree with Azza (or was that my wrongdoing? :-p) and give a perspective which did ring true from the last time I attended (which was a few months ago), not recently. Like I said, surprise me on Saturday, I'm excited for it. Also, Newtype is not coming, so we won't have enough for a North v South 5v5 rematch.

Dude don't worry about it it's a forum people will argue the blue sky is green if they get a chance. :)

When I was referring to the list being more or less the same I was talking about top 8 not the tier 2 seeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Dude don't worry about it it's a forum people will argue the blue sky is green if they get a chance. :)

It's actually red but don't tell anyone.

Its actually the color or Psycho Power fools!

Ken B wrote: »
    Poor Doom..................

Poor doom me arse.

I do my best and that's that.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

I need my own list!

I am ****ing god tier on crack cocaine and mushy peas, nobody can beat me in a first to 200,000.

whats all the fuss about anyway? i dont get the argument, although i didn`t read this thread so i don`t have a clue what you guys are on about lol.

As long as you can seed the top 2/4 players thats normally good enough to make any tournament run well.

Chunkis wrote:
    whats all the fuss about anyway? i dont get the argument, although i didn`t read this thread so i don`t have a clue what you guys are on about lol.

Generally people don't get the argument if they don't know what the arguement is.

But in a brief summation some people think that the current seed list will change when SSF IV is out. Some people don't think it will, thats about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

will Hound be seeded for his first inferno? By all accounts he's quite good.

Nope he's going be a wild card.

• Advertisement

Azza wrote: »
    Nope he's going be a wild card.

Thats going to be a fun group for some unlucky person... a top seed, a second seed, and hound...

Advertisement