Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inferno 8 Street Fighter 4 Tournament

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Meh, if you want to win, you'll have to beat them at some stage anyway.

Best to get it out of the way in the first round and then have the psychological advantage if you meet again.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

If I get to tier 2 at some stage I'll be happy.
    There's a lot of quality players that I've played in that second tier so that'll b the most interesting change when super comes out with guys goin in and out. Tier 2 is where it's at!!!!, if I ever get there :( .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

We can talk on IRC if you want to take this further, but now you just sound like you're taking this personally.

What the hell? Personally? I'm not arguing or anything I'm just posting :confused: Damn I need to add more smilies. If I was taking stuff personally I wouldn't be talking about pictures of nelson from Simpsons or eating farzs hat thats for sure :P

A
    I'm not talking about myself here, I've played shite at most of the tournies, I'm not blind.

B
    I don't care about seed placements, I just know its practically impossible for it to stay 100% the same (bar hound) as people are stating. The fact that its impossible yet people think it'll stay this same what is I'm talking about. I'm hugely surprised people think its going to stay the same. Shocked even. The chances of this happening are incredibly small,

terry do some calculations there :D

But trust me man I'm not arguing with you at all, I'm just disagreeing with the statement that 'the only possible change to the entire list is hound'.

Sorry if you thought I was fighting with yea man, I wasnt :(
    Dude don't worry about it it's a forum people will argue the blue sky is green if they get a chance. :)

OI! I'm the one saying the sky is blue here :pac:

Azza wrote: »
    When I was referring to the list being more or less the same I was talking about top 8 not the tier 2 seeds.

Oh no you don't azza , saying list implies all contents of it , not a particular part :p

You wont be escaping my nelson pic that easy, muhahahahahhaha

Poor doom me arse.

I do my best and that's that.

hehe fair play man, this is what its about, doing your best and being humble about it.

I dislike the massive ego thing I see a lot in the us scene for example.
    Thats going to be a fun group for some unlucky person... a top seed, a second seed, and hound...

Ah sure I'm used to this myself :p Usually get Azza and Dreddy or you in group stages :p

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mr_kyle

Azza wrote: »
    Nope he's going be a wild card.

Azza, you should definitely take how good he is into consideration and seed. As opposed to letting someone that you yourself said could give Mike and Cobel a run for their money loose as a wild card. Is having 3 top players in one group fair when it can be avoided with seeding? Surely that's why the groups are seeded in the first place, to avoid too many very good players in one group.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

I dont think I'm going to make it on Saturday, he could take my second group seeding if that makes any difference at all??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

So is this after the Man U-Chelsea game or what?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Normally I too would skip it and watch the football, like I did with the rugby.

But I missed the last one so I'm going to be there bright and early for teh ownage! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Normally I'd be inclined to watch the football too,but when it's the two most heinous, cretinous teams in the world it's an easy decision to skip!

Ken B wrote: »
    So is this after the Man U-Chelsea game or what?

:D

Seriously people, you had dates to choose from and if you support either of these clubs, surely you knew about this match beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Seriously people, you had dates to choose from and if you support either of these clubs, surely you knew about this match beforehand.
    I truly despise both teams....which is what makes this one unmissable! I was at Old Trafford last week and I needed to shower with a wire brush afterwards! I was just thinking, we could watch the game in the Lotts or Pravda which are both in the immediate vicinity.....it'll be over at a quarter to two or something.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Is this roundball people are talking about?

Ken B wrote: »
    I truly despise both teams....which is what makes this one unmissable! I was at Old Trafford last week and I needed to shower with a wire brush afterwards! I was just thinking, we could watch the game in the Lotts or Pravda which are both in the immediate vicinity.....it'll be over at a quarter to two or something.

Well the tourney doesn't start til two normally. Just make sure to let Azza know you're there I suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

I'll be there tomorrow. Been a while since I've shown my face. Would like a lot of casual battles too, need more game time!
    No more Abel though, too much hard work.

Can I use someone's playstation pad?
    &
    Has the pricing been decided upon yet? I'd prefer the €10 option.

Just bring a pad yourself. They fit in a coat pocket!

Da Bounca wrote: »
    I'll be there tomorrow. Been a while since I've shown my face. Would like a lot of casual battles too, need more game time!
    No more Abel though, too much hard work.

Can I use someone's playstation pad?
    &
    Has the pricing been decided upon yet? I'd prefer the €10 option.

Who you playing now?

It worries me no one picks Abel anymore in our scene. It could hurt us when we go international again.

Just bring a pad yourself. They fit in a coat pocket!

Have a 360 but absolutely detest the pad :/

Playing some Sim. I like Abel and may go back to him eventually, but one messed up roll and it's gg, and that just anoys me too much. I'd be yelling and screaming.

Playing some Sim. I like Abel and may go back to him eventually, but one messed up roll and it's gg, and that just anoys me too much. I'd be yelling and screaming.

I can bring one but the digital pad's left is a little dodgey from when I was playing guile on pad (seriously, I throw that many booms).

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Who you playing now?

It worries me no one picks Abel anymore in our scene. It could hurt us when we go international again.

Mike was playing Abel at all our sessions since we got back fro Cannes,was starting to get quite good too when he got to grips with the match ups.

But you make a good point,we are a little bit limited in our player base and it does hurt when you have to play someone at the same level as yourself but you don't know the match up.

I can bring one but the digital pad's left is a little dodgey from when I was playing guile on pad (seriously, I throw that many booms).

I'd appreciate if you could bring the pad. Anything is better than the 360 dpad.

I'd appreciate if you could bring the pad. Anything is better than the 360 dpad.

No problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

This is what you want man http://www.amazon.co.uk/Catz-Xbox-Street-Fighter-FightPad/dp/B001M22WMO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1270211115&sr=8-1

We have ones for xbox and ps3. We'll bring them on Sat but tbh, it is different to the xbox and ps3 normal pads and a bit of practice is always beneficial

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭meducation

might beable to make it to this at about 3, will there be casuals aswell as a tournament or?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

meducation wrote: »
    might beable to make it to this at about 3, will there be casuals aswell as a tournament or?

yeah usually are but a lot of the machines will be needed for tournament matches, early on especially

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Hey I just saw this on Eventhubs, do I need to sign up here or do I just turn up?

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Just show up, you can sign up on the day. Oh and welcome to the community Doyler01 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Just turn up man. Bring a stick or pad if you have one.
    When you get there Just mention it's your first time to someone and they'll sort you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

This is looking to be a big one, I'm feeling the hype!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Doyler01 wrote: »
    Hey I just saw this on Eventhubs, do I need to sign up here or do I just turn up?

Just turn up. Dont bother talking to anyone the counter, just go to the back and up the stairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

sweet, looking forward to getting my ass whooped tomorrow :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭joconnell

You're going to enter the tournament too though still?

25002_351738138859_544473859_3642660_1465949_n.jpg

Advertisement