Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inferno 8 Street Fighter 4 Tournament

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

highlight of my day: found in busaras.

24172_427402888377_546873377_5401297_3539553_n.jpg

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Here is the finishing order for Inferno 8. We had 37 entrants and a prize poll of €370 split 60/30/10

Joint 13th
    Fake Roogle (Balrog)
    Dark Talent (Balrog)
    PPC (Blanka)
    Ry (Ryu)

Joint 9th
    Azza (M.Bison)
    Kalisto (Sagat)
    Doylers (Akuma)
    Ken B (Vega)

Joint 7th
    Foamy Mushroom (Akuma)
    D4RK ONION (E.Honda)

Joint 5th
    Dreddybajs (Zangief)
    Chunkis (Sagat)

4th
    Dr Doom (Guile)

3rd
    Kirby (Dhalsim) €37 for third place.

2nd
    Hound (Sagat) €111 for second place.

1st
    Cobelcog (Cammy) €222 for first place.

Final SF IV seedings for top 8 are.

1.Cobelcog
    2.Newtype
    3.Bush
    4. Kirby
    5. Dr Doom
    6. Azza
    7. Blag
    8. Fake Roogle

Future plans for Inferno.

Future Inferno competitions will be held in the last weekened of each month.
    So May 29th is the provisional date for Inferno 9.

With regards today event it produce quite a lot of surplus cash left over at the prize pot was deducted. This is a by product of several factors such becoming more efficent at running the tournaments and an ever increasing player base. Due to this we should be able to reduce the entry fee for future tournaments down to €13 and still maintain a prize pool similar to what we have currently. We are planing on using todays surplus cash to contribute towards accuring more recording equipment.

I intend to introduce a points system for the top 16 finishers to make seeding more precise and easier to understand for the community. The points system will be purely done for seeding within the current format. I will elborate more on the details shortly.

All seeding will be reset for Super Street Fighter 4.

Today we had a record 37 attendees and yet we where still missing at least half a dozen regulars. Its possible future events may have a cap of 40 attendees due to the logisitics of running the event and the size of the venue. Looking for feedback within the community on this.

Community member Oweemykneecap as suggest running a league format for future tournaments. He can post up here to detail what he has in mind and see if there is interest among the community.

AND DOOM YOU WILL KNEEL BEFORE AZZA!

AZZA!

(If anyone dosen't get this joke you fail!)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Azza wrote: »

AND DOOM YOU WILL KNEEL BEFORE AZZA!

Doctor Doom, he say, I wape all best Bison in athlone. Who is azza?

:)

Good day all. Tier list is being blown wiiiiiide open in the near future I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

GGs to everyone today (yesterday?). Had a lot of craic even though I got knocked out straight away

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

And the best thing of all to come from the event: Onion and I still didn't finish a match =D Someday Onion, someday.

Guys I'm going to throw the videos up as is for a couple of reasons.

1) That camera I was using uses a non standard format. That's one more of complexity and therefore time I'd rather not spend.

2) It will be 3 days before I get near my mac to do anything pretty with them anyway.

First one is uploading now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Theres a video of someones arse on there now, probably better than looking at any videos of me playing :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Was a good tournament and great to see new faces and our largest turnout ever.

Congrats to Cobelcog for once again proving his SFIV dominance and in Super he now has a safer Spiral Arrow, yay :rolleyes:

I thought we were going to go with the first weekend of every month? That'd make the first Super comp a few days after release which could make for a very interesting tournament.

I'm all for keeping the price at €15 as the money left over will be going back into the community anyway.

I'm also completely against putting a cap on the number of participants. If we turn someone away once, they might likely never come back again.

If we exceed the 40 number we will have 6 people in some group.

Currently with 5 people in a group we could have up to 30 sets in a single group.

I think with about 5 groups of 5 at Inferno 8 significantly increased the length of the tourney. Along with issues such as waiting for a pad for a machine or a machine to free up I think the total running time was like 4 hours 45 minutes.

With 6 people in a group there could be 45 sets in a single group. And then there is the possibility of tie results that require replays that could be added on to that.

Also how many more people can we fit comfortable into the venue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Lads, did anyone pick up my xbox 360 quick disconnector by any chance?

5099-fm.jpg

This thing. Mine is missing. I was the last to leave and i didn't see it anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'll have a look and see if I have any spares for you, Terry

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Guys I'm going to throw the videos up as is for a couple of reasons.

1) That camera I was using uses a non standard format. That's one more of complexity and therefore time I'd rather not spend.

2) It will be 3 days before I get near my mac to do anything pretty with them anyway.

First one is uploading now.

Whats the url for the vids doom?

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Thanks to everyone I played, it was a pleasure as always :) Hound and Kirby in particular really had me on the edge of my seat. Joint 7th for the 3rd time in a row and still not on the seed list :P

Oh and I beat DooM. That made me all different kinds of happy.

ntlbell wrote: »
    Whats the url for the vids doom?

www.youtube.com/brianvondoom

There's over 190 Irish SF videos there already.

I'm currently having ALOT of trouble uploading to youtube. Give me a while for the new stuff :)q

Azza wrote: »
    If we exceed the 40 number we will have 6 people in some group.

Currently with 5 people in a group we could have up to 30 sets in a single group.

I think with about 5 groups of 5 at Inferno 8 significantly increased the length of the tourney. Along with issues such as waiting for a pad for a machine or a machine to free up I think the total running time was like 4 hours 45 minutes.

With 6 people in a group there could be 45 sets in a single group. And then there is the possibility of tie results that require replays that could be added on to that.

Also how many more people can we fit comfortable into the venue.

Would the answer not to be to get more machines (maybe 2 per group) and to get 1 person per group (perhaps the seeds) to take charge of the machines during groups to try and increase the speed of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Thanks to everyone I played, it was a pleasure as always :) Hound and Kirby in particular really had me on the edge of my seat. Joint 7th for the 3rd time in a row and still not on the seed list :P

Oh and I beat DooM. That made me all different kinds of happy.

What? Rejoice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Would the answer not to be to get more machines (maybe 2 per group) and to get 1 person per group (perhaps the seeds) to take charge of the machines during groups to try and increase the speed of them?

Sounds logical enough. I am sorry I missed it but rolling out of the bed at 2 in celbridge kinda made it impossible. For all accounts its was a good show. Glad to see Doom finally claiming his place above Azza. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

I thought we were going to go with the first weekend of every month? That'd make the first Super comp a few days after release which could make for a very interesting tournament.

I thought that to. The 29th of may is nearly 2 months away.

ayjayirl wrote: »
    What? Rejoice!

Yup, he beat me clean to to be fair. Good game to the onion.
    ayjayirl wrote: »
    Glad to see Doom finally claiming his place above Azza. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Yeah I think we should have a tourney soon after the game comes out. Would be very interesting imo

Video footage of Guile: Bison match up in SSF IV.

As you can see Guile will stand no chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 elnoctor

How do you enter?

Seedings will be.

1st Newtype
    2nd Cobelcog
    3rd Bush
    4th Blag
    5th Azza
    6th Doctor Doom
    7th Roogle
    8th Kirby

Tier 2 Seeds
    A-Trak
    D4RK ONION
    Dark Talant
    Dreddybjas
    FoamyMushroom
    Jimeatsmenu
    Ken B
    Sagat06
    Chopperbyrne

Okay with the date decided on we need to decide on two other issues.

The Entry Fee.
    1. €15
    2. €12
    3. €10

The format for the double elmination phase of the tournament.
    1. Leave the same as current (re-seeded after group phase)
    2. Change to random draw for the quater finals.
    3. Change to random draw for quater finals and semi finals.

Note in all 3 systems the winner of a group will play the runner up of another group.

So if you would kindly just say which option you want for for both format and entry fee. No need to explain your decisions just express your preference.

Finally can you confirm if you will attending the event.[/QUOTE]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 elnoctor

Who decides on the seedings? Where is it taking place?

elnoctor I assume you where trying to quote my original post.

The seedings are decided by results past tournaments. They will be reset for SSF IV.

To enter just show at the venue on the day of a competition at the right time. Pay the entry fee and thats it. If you have any qeustions there is no end of people who can help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Snip

Azza beat me to it. =D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Also, if this goes ahead Inferno 10 is going to clash with Q-Con which is sure to play host to SSF4 and other fighting game tournaments. In fact I'll get around to making a thread about it right now.

Yreval wrote: »
    Also, if this goes ahead Inferno 10 is going to clash with Q-Con which is sure to play host to SSF4 and other fighting game tournaments. In fact I'll get around to making a thread about it right now.

Horrid dictator that he is, Azza is nothing if not an arbiter of common sense, I'm sure whatever date is picked we'll be flexible enough so as not to cause conflicts.

First one is up, boys and girls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

First one is up, boys and girls.

You just had to record it didn't you. :D. I tried my best to block that stuff and punish but when I tried to punish at close range I generally got hit. I did Fireballs twice when I shouldn't have aswell. That didn't help.

"Loser's here i come!" :p

Advertisement