Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thead splitting in car seat.

• 24-03-2010 9:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Folks wondered if you could help

My wife drives a skoda octavia 08 and the seat threads are splitting. right on the outside beside the driver door..

How does she get this fixed and is there anywhere near drogheda.

Thanks
    Joey

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,865 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If it's less than 2 years old I would think it should be covered under warranty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,720 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

I'd imagine a seamstress could do this for you :]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,548 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

If the car has airbags in the side of the seat, be careful how its repaired. The sewing is designed to split in an accident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

as above... warranty... if under 2 years...

otherwise be careful if you bring it anywhere else, if there are airbgs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

Hi Folks wondered if you could help

My wife drives a skoda octavia 08 and the seat threads are splitting. right on the outside beside the driver door..

How does she get this fixed and is there anywhere near drogheda.

Thanks
    Joey

I drive an 06 Octavia and before that I had an 01 Octavia (400,000km between them) and I've never had a seat split on me, my missus has an 03 Fabia and the whole side bolster of her seat is torn and chunks of the foam are missing! Is it the way women get in and out of cars or what?? bizarre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Yes I agree its the way women get in an get out. My expression is they arse in and arse out.

There is airbags. I am tempted to try a seemstress but dont want the bond too good as you rightly note.

I gather its an unusual problem and an expensive one for the garage.

Thank you for your help. any further advice appreciated.

ps i bought it the start of 08 so it is just out of warrently afik but I will check

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,702 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Take it up to Kieran's on the North Road in Drogheda and see what they say - they are authorised Skoda service agents in Drogheda. If it's a manufacturing defect then they'll sort it under goodwill probably (Skoda are pretty good like that in general).

If it's caused by wear & tear and you are going to have to pay, give Derek a call in Nolan Autocare - http://nolanautocare.ie/. He could probably give you a price based on a picture of the damage, and his work is top notch.

Not exactly close, but about 45 mins would have you from Drogheda to the Naas Road - just don't forget to pay the tolls ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

R.O.R wrote: »
    Take it up to Kieran's on the North Road in Drogheda and see what they say - they are authorised Skoda service agents in Drogheda. If it's a manufacturing defect then they'll sort it under goodwill probably (Skoda are pretty good like that in general).

If it's caused by wear & tear and you are going to have to pay, give Derek a call in Nolan Autocare - http://nolanautocare.ie/. He could probably give you a price based on a picture of the damage, and his work is top notch.

Not exactly close, but about 45 mins would have you from Drogheda to the Naas Road - just don't forget to pay the tolls ;-)

Thanks. Its literally split along the thread line and the thread does not seem to need to be under the seat if that makes sense. I will ring Kierans first. I bought it in TMC navan might as well ring them as well.

Advertisement