Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Make-Up Routine

• 24-03-2010 9:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭

Hey everyone..! :) Firstly apologies for my spelling (it's a problem for me)

I'm 17 and have 'typical' teenage skin (I'll describe in a second). I currently don't wear make-up on a daily basis but now my skin is clearing nicely I want to get a light routine. Now I just use L'Oreal, Maybelline, Borjous etc..because of the infrequent usage. I want to invest in some good makeup because I'll be wearing it most days and want some tips on the best brands/products!

My skin right now is at the end stage of acne (few small 'scar' spots) and some dry skin patches on my jawline/cheeks which go away with daily mouisterizer.

I don't want heavy make-up and I have pale skin with rosy cheeks. I want a liquid foundation with a powder on top, powder blush, eye liner, eye shadow and lipgloss...

Any advice..?!
    :D
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

Ciaramb92 wrote: »
    Hey everyone..! :) Firstly apologies for my spelling (it's a problem for me)

I'm 17 and have 'typical' teenage skin (I'll describe in a second). I currently don't wear make-up on a daily basis but now my skin is clearing nicely I want to get a light routine. Now I just use L'Oreal, Maybelline, Borjous etc..because of the infrequent usage. I want to invest in some good makeup because I'll be wearing it most days and want some tips on the best brands/products!

My skin right now is at the end stage of acne (few small 'scar' spots) and some dry skin patches on my jawline/cheeks which go away with daily mouisterizer.

I don't want heavy make-up and I have pale skin with rosy cheeks. I want a liquid foundation with a powder on top, powder blush, eye liner, eye shadow and lipgloss...

Any advice..?!
    :D
    Thanks

clinique 'barely there' makeup is really good, nice coverage and its light.. its just inbetween a tinted moisturiser and a foundation i think anyways :) .

my favourite powder is "clear complexion" powder by rimmell, its about €7, get it in "translucent" (ie clear) cause the other ones can go a bit orange. its great for just setting your make up & keeping it on, and taking away shine from your nose or wherever.

urban decay do good eyeshadow pallets, loads of nice colours in them and they stay on great.

benefit do good blushers, "corillista" i think is the one i know of, really nice just kind of peachy colour nearly so its not too severe.

lipgloss i dont know much about, i always end up loosing it so i dont spend too much on it :)

and mascara, i love maxfactor false lash effect..

for liquid eyeliner i use a rimmell one, find it great.
    and pencil i use gosh :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 ju_q

Hi,
    Having battled with bad skin for years - and having tried practically everything on the market, and gettin breakouts from most of them - I can't recommend mineral make up enough!! Bare Minerals, from Bare Escentuals is fabulous and 100% minerals so it's good for your skin. They also have a great moisturiser-type cream called the skin revver-upper which I find brilliant!! Their make up is available in Brown Thomas and in some beauticians. Also online, but try to get in somewhere to get the right colour first.

I also use Dermalogica products religiously!! I do spend quite a bit of money on the dermalogica and Bare Minerals, but definitely money well spent as my skin is a million times better than it used to be! Try to avoid cheaper make-up brands as I used to get the worst reactions from them!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 ju_q

Forgot to say that the bare minerals is a powder, but I find the coverage in it very good - and I like make-up with fairly good coverage! If you're dead set on a liquid, I used to use glo minerals, but if you go for this one get the satin finish rather than the matte, which can be very gloopy. It's harder to get than Bare Minerals, but as far as I know it can be gotten on the kudos beauty website.

Happy shopping!!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 312 ✭✭Lynfo

ju_q wrote: »
    Forgot to say that the bare minerals is a powder, but I find the coverage in it very good

+1 I have terrible skin - broken veins mostly and bare minerals is great for coverage, while not feeling like I've an inche of makeup on. Never in a million years did I think powder would give good coverage, but it does. Highly recommended.

Advertisement