Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trouble connecting to UPC Wirelessly

• 24-03-2010 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, little problem here. When I first got my UPC router it worked fine, I got online in no time on my desktop upstairs (wirelessly), just entered the key and that was that

Now, when my brother tries to use his PS3, Ipod or Laptop etc to connect nothing happens, it does not work

Any ideas? I was previously having trouble with something before and think I changed some of the settings on the router home page, so maybe someone could give me some pointers?

Thanks

PS : My router is the Cisco 2345

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Im having the exact same problem here tonight.

I tried to connect my netbook wireleesy but it cannot find any networks in range.

It must be a UPC problem..

I have been pulling my hair out playing around with the LAN settings..:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭eoineen

Been having problems in the last 12 hours as well. Each of my three computers (2 mac and 1 linux) connect to the network but there are no sites showing in the browser. I called NTL and - after several menu changes - I got a recorded message about rebooting to the original factory settings using the ENTA button on the rear of the wireless unit. Strange that because I connected using a Cat3 cable this morning and still no go.

Anyway, they said hold down this ENTA button for at least 30 seconds and after 10 more minutes lying idle, you'll have to reconnect using the factory settings on the bottom of the unit. Rename your network and will probably have to reassign WEP and all that stuff too. Anyway, not at home (Dublin 9) now so will not get to do this until tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

iggy wrote: »
    I tried to connect my netbook wireleesy but it cannot find any networks in range.

It must be a UPC problem..

No, it can't be a UPC problem. An issue with UPC's network would not stop your home wireless network from working. It must be a problem with your router or computer. If you can connect to the router, and still have no Internet connection, then it could be a UPC problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭eoineen

eoineen wrote: »
    Been having problems in the last 12 hours as well. Each of my three computers (2 mac and 1 linux) connect to the network but there are no sites showing in the browser. I called NTL and - after several menu changes - I got a recorded .....

So, yes. Pushing that EMTA reset button on the rear of the modem did the job and I did not have rename my network.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

eoineen wrote: »
    So, yes. Pushing that EMTA reset button on the rear of the modem did the job and I did not have rename my network.

Thanks so much! It works fine now!

:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement