Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

back up files of your nusic for itunes

Options
  • 24-03-2010 10:00pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭

im just wondering do you need the files of your music in your itunes on a a mac in order for them to play ?? i have a mac and im just wondering because in order for music to play in itunes on a windows pc/laptop you need the files stored for them to play but i was told once your songs are in itunes in a mac they dont need to be stored is that true?if anyone can help that would be kool

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭WhitestBoyAlive

You need them, yes

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

so i need them in my mac i cant delete the file that says downloads??

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭kaki

If you're running low on space on your mac, you can use your ipod itself as a flash drive (Itunes>Enable Disk Use), so in addition to syncing you're music, then enter the ipod as a device and transfer the hard copies of your music files onto the ipod.

You will have to locate each song again, to let it link the itunes file with the new address of each physical song, once done you can (if you wish) delete the music files on your mac to free up space. Bear in mind though, if your ipod breaks/gets ripped off, you're royally screwed for as well as buying a new one, you'll have to build up your entire library from scratch again, as you won't have a backup.

Advertisement