Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Please help! 169.xxx.xxx.xxx Issues

• 24-03-2010 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi all
    my wifi printer is been assigned a 169.XXX.XXX.XXX Ip address and it should be a 192.XXX.XXX.XXX ip address
    Please can anyone help me solve this
    regards
    polly

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Pollyo wrote: »
    Hi all
    my wifi printer is been assigned a 169.XXX.XXX.XXX Ip address and it should be a 192.XXX.XXX.XXX ip address
    Please can anyone help me solve this
    regards
    polly

If you connected your WIFI Printer to your Wireless router using the secure password from the router then its likely you entered the password incorrectly.

Its case sensitive so double check to be sure ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Pollyo

No password is correct

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭dun79

is it a new printer or did you have it working before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 PcTramore

Sometimes you will get a 169.xxx.xxx.xxx ip address if you printer did not get an ip address from the DHPC Server on you router for what ever reason. That been said try deleting the printer from printers and fax's and manually adding it again With an ip of 192.xxx.xxx.xxx and see if that works :)

new printer
    ask me anything you need to know
    thanks

• Advertisement

that seems to be the problem that it did not get the proper ip number from the router
    it is a epson SX515W. when installing software all works until it tries to do the connection setting and you wait 5 mins and installation failed meaning the net set up did not work between computer and printer.
    The printer works wired usb just can't seem to set it up wifi.
    tried to imput settings on printer control with a 192.xxx.xxx.xxx but will not work when you run the printer net instal part

I have a Belkin Wireless G+ MIMO Modem Router F5D9630

how do i do that sorry for been stupid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

how do i do that sorry for been stupid

Can you search for your Wireless Router without using the installation CD from the wifi printer? Try manually install the software required and skip the connection part.

what version of windows do you have ?

• Advertisement

I have no probs with router as it shows up on network and can ping it

windows vista

printer with a friend who worked for IBM
    he just emailed me now to say printer works like a treat on his computer wifi
    help

epson SX515W setup ip address

1) Using the Control Panel on the printer, press the Spanner/Screw driver button.
    2) Scroll though the menu until you see Network Settings & press ok.
    3) In the following menu select Wireless LAN Setup.
    4) Then select Advanced Setup.
    5) Then select manual Setup & press ok.
    6) This guide assumes you are connecting through a router via Wi-Fi, in which case you will need to select Infrastructure Mode and then press OK.
    7) Select Search SSID & this will search for your wireless network.
    8) If your wireless network is showing, make sure it is highlighted then press OK.

9) Now you will need to enter the encryption type, this will depend on the length of the wireless key. WEP 64 Hex (10), WEP 64 Alpha (5), WEP 128 Hex (26), WEP 128 Alpha (13). Any router that has 8 characters I would normally recommend selecting WPA PSK TKIP UNLESS you know that the key is WPA PSK AES.

10) Now you will need to input the security key depending on which type you have, as advised above.

11) Once the key is in correctly you need to press OK. You will then see a Confirm Settings screen. Press OK on this screen and YOU MUST WAIT 30 SECONDS for the printer to establish a wireless connection with the router. After the 30 seconds please go down to Confirm Settings and press OK. This will tell you if it has successfully connected to the router. At this stage you need to make a note of the IP address. This normally starts 192.168.x.x

12) On the PC the printer will need to be installed, I recommend downloading the driver from here:

13) Once installed go to Start > Control Panel> Printers (This will vary slightly depending you version of Windows).
    Right click on the printer, select properties (Printer properties for Win 7). Select the ports tab and add a new port.
    When adding a new port select Standard TCP/IP, then click add new port.
    NB The Standard TCP/IP port is recommended when assigning static IP address to the printer. (See router documentation on assigning static IP address).
    If using a dynamic IP Address I would recommend downloading and installing the Epson net printer port. You can use a Standard TCP/IP port, however when the IP address changes communication between the printer and PC will be lost.
    Setting up both port types are the same, once you select add port you will need to enter the IP Address, which we noted down previously from the printer. Once entered keep clicking next, then finish.
    You should now be able to print over the network. To use the scanner over the network you will need to open Epson scan settings, (a separate utility to Epson scan) this will need to be set to network and contain the same IP address noted down earlier for the printer.

I'm now at my wits end this is driving me crazy!!!!
    Could zonealarm free be the culprit

Hi
    your instructions from 1 to 11 have been done but with software installed before hand as per instuctions from epson guide. I think i will now uninstall all epson software and do your 1 to 11 guide and then reinstall epson software from step 12 .
    Am i correct

Hi
    Could zonealarm free be the culprit

yes try set zonealarm to allow trafic to the ip of the printer

ok please tell me how to do that i the free version of zonealarm
    thank you

Hi

I dont use zonealarm so i cant help there.

have you tryed this

I've installed the All-In-One's software for a Wi-Fi connection but I cannot print. When I check the All-In-One's control panel, there is no IP address assigned to the All-In-One (it's 0.0.0.0) or it starts with 169.254.xxx.xxx. What should I do?

RELATES TO:

• Stylus Office BX600FW, Stylus Office BX610FW, Stylus Photo PX700W, Stylus Photo PX710W, Stylus Photo PX800FW, Stylus Photo PX810FW, Stylus SX510W, Stylus SX515W, Stylus SX600FW, Stylus SX610FW.
    • Infrastructure wireless (Wi-Fi) network communication and setup issues

TABLE OF CONTENTS:

Explanation

EXPLANATION:

This problem indicates that the router (wireless network) did not communicate with the All-In-One when you installed the software. Try the following:
    1. Reset the All-In-One's Network Settings. See article "How do I restore my All-In-One to the default settings?" for help - the link is available in the Related Articles section.
    2. Reset your router. You may be able to do this by turning it off and back on again, or you may need to follow a different procedure to reset it. See the documentation for your router or access point for instructions.
    3. Stylus SX510W, Stylus SX515W, Stylus SX610FW, Stylus Office BX610FW, Stylus Photo PX710W, Stylus Photo PX810FW:
      Troubleshoot the network connection by doing the following:
      • Make sure the All-In-One is connected to the computer with the supplied USB cable when you install the software.
      • Make sure the USB cable is connected directly to a USB port on the computer and not via a third party device such as a USB extension cable, USB hub, or a USB port on a keyboard or monitor.
      • Try another USB cable (less than 2 metres in length).
      • Make sure that all require devices are powered on when you start the network setup: All-In-One, computer, wireless router.

http://www.epson.co.uk/Store/Printers-and-All-in-Ones/Epson-Stylus-SX515W/Drivers-Support;jsessionid=717EBC1E11AAB01CEB91F888C667CB09.acc3

Hi have followed your instructions
    router assigns 192.xxx.xxx.xx address
    but when you install epson software and it goes to connection with your printer and computer thats wher it goes all wrong connection fails and a 169 ISP is assigned
    pollyo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

The firewall is probably blocking the connection. Turn it off and try and install the printer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Best of all get rid of Zonealarm, its been known to block connections even when disabled

Hi have followed your instructions
    router assigns 192.xxx.xxx.xx address
    but when you install epson software and it goes to connection with your printer and computer thats wher it goes all wrong connection fails and a 169 ISP is assigned
    pollyo

did you have the printer pulged into the usb port

yes in usb port, have reset router, still not picking up wifi printer
    printer works connected to computer/laptop via usb
    just wondering if it is a problem with belkin router because when we got xbox for my son
    we got the wifi adaptor and it would not assign a proper ip address it just kept assigning a 169..... had to return adaptor. Xbox is sharing his computer connection via usb.
    Or is it eircom not sure. I do have a belkin modem router G+Mimo F5D9630-4

regards

Advertisement