Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dana White Promises UFC Return to Dublin in 2010

• 24-03-2010 10:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭

MMAJUNKIE.com

Irish MMA fans rejoice – the UFC is coming back to The Emerald Isle in 2010.

During a Wednesday press conference for this weekend's "UFC 111: St-Pierre vs. Hardy" event, UFC president Dana White told the gathered crowd that the promotion would return to Ireland before the end of the year.

"We're going back to Dublin this year for sure," White said.

White didn't offer any further specifics on the promotion's plans for an Irish show.

The UFC has visited the Republic of Ireland just once before. In January 2009, the promotion visited The O2 in Dublin where 9,369 boisterous fans turned out for UFC 93, a card that featured a Dan Henderson split-decision win over Rich Franklin in the evening's main event.

The night was also marked by a pair of "Fight of the Night" awards as Marcus Davis' win over Chris Lytle and Mauricio "Shogun" Rua's third-round stoppage of Mark Coleman were each awarded with a bonus.

In June 2007, the UFC visited Northern Ireland's largest city, Belfast, for UFC 72. Despite just 7,850 fans attending the event, the event was noted for its electric atmosphere.

Franklin also handled main-event duties that night in a unanimous-decision win over Yushin Okami.

As for U.S. locales, White handled the typical battery of requests with his typical "We're coming everywhere" response. However, the UFC exec did re-affirm the organization's plans to visit Oakland, Calif., later this year and said Orlando was also a potential location for a future fight card.

:cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭gravity12

Great News. I guess the very earliest is August but more likely September/October.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 243 ✭✭baz123

awesome news :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Score :cool:
    Now to patiently wait....................anything new yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Score :cool:
    Now to patiently wait....................anything new yet?

I'll be waiting until i hear concrete stuff before i get excited.

I remember reading people claiming to have contacts and "confirming" UFC had booked the O2 for Paddys Day.

Then i turn up to the O2 on Paddys Day and i must've been late coz when i got there, there was no fights :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

White didn't offer any further specifics on the promotion's plans for an Irish show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

thrilled

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Great my UFC fight club membership will be put to use this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Fear Uladh

Whos dana whire???;)

Can't wait for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Chillaxe wrote: »
    Whos dana whire???;)

Can't wait for this.

I'm considering moving the keys around on my keyboard, its the only way i'll ever be able to type a sentence without a typo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 243 ✭✭baz123

hey Paul,is this that 'UFC CLUB' you were looking for? :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement