Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JohnCleary cooks for Ireland

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 204 ✭✭GuessWho2009

are we all invited to dinner john?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Got sorted in Tesco, the 'value' range was cheap as chips

You should have bought 40 portions of chips so. You would have got 40 free forks with em and loads of napkins.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

Thanks Xiney. I have a 9 litre here but it won't be big enough. Need to cook curry for at least 20 people so need aroud 15 litres (I'd like to have seconds later too ya see :D)

Will try Tommy Varden and the place you suggested. Thanks

Could you not do the curry in two smaller pots and take your chances? Is it beef, lamb or chicken? Just wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

I got a huge one (not sure of the capacity) in Atlantic Homecare (think its now Woodies) in the estate with the eye cinema. Got it for making soup and it makes a massive amount so must be close to 15 litres I'd guess

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Rylan

You should have bought 40 portions of chips so. You would have got 40 free forks with em and loads of napkins.

Ha ha ha ...classic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

are we all invited to dinner john?
    It's just to have some food for the launch of the Doomsday device :pac: Of course all boardsie's are invited :D
    dec25532 wrote: »
    Could you not do the curry in two smaller pots and take your chances? Is it beef, lamb or chicken? Just wondering.
    Thing is at the 'location' i'll only have a 2 ring gas cooker. So one will be for curry, the other for rice. Good suggestion though
    s_carnage wrote: »
    I got a huge one (not sure of the capacity) in Atlantic Homecare (think its now Woodies) in the estate with the eye cinema. Got it for making soup and it makes a massive amount so must be close to 15 litres I'd guess
    Fair play to ya, will pop out there now as i'll be passing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Could you split between 2 9 litre pots, or is that too much hassle? Otherwise, if you know any chefs, try to borrow one, unless you plan making this a regular event!

Good luck with the cooking!

Got sorted folks, asked a few people and i'm getting a big pot early next week :) Anyone up for some curry?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Oh...

I was positive this was going to be an April Fools joke about you getting your own cookery show John Cleary . :)

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

Would love some curry but draw the line at chicken though! Anything else is pushing an open door as they'd say in celtic tiger land.

• Advertisement

chilly wrote: »
    Oh...

I was positive this was going to be an April Fools joke about you getting your own cookery show John Cleary . :)

What's so funny about that, i'm a great 'normal food' cook. None of that fancy crap that wouldn't fill a rabbit though!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

What's so funny about that, i'm a great 'normal food' cook. None of that fancy crap that wouldn't fill a rabbit though!

You being a good cook is not funny , it's great!

You being the next Jamie Oliver with a show called "John Cleary Cooks for Ireland" would be...unexpected more than funny I suppose :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

The Galway Boards Big Curry Meet-up!

Yay! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

The Galway Boards Big Curry Meet-up!

Yay! :D

Deadly. I'm starving.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

The campaign begins... :D

bj7s3l.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Well I hope you're not eating meat today or you'll all burn in hell !!!
    Remember today is Good Friday the day Jebus was rescued from the French at Waterloo or something.

As for your Curry I think a 15litre pot for 1.5 Kg of Chicken is way too big.
    Unless you're planning on another 3-4 Kgs of Veg lol.

Well I hope you're not eating meat today or you'll all burn in hell !!!
    Remember today is Good Friday the day Jebus was rescued from the French at Waterloo or something.

As for your Curry I think a 15litre pot for 1.5 Kg of Chicken is way too big.
    Unless you're planning on another 3-4 Kgs of Veg lol.

It's not being cooked until next week.

There's going to be 2.5kg of chicken (25 people). There'll also be a good few spuds in there, along with plenty of veg (Peas, sweetcorn, carrots, broccoli)

Couple that with the fact that it's being transported on a boat which will be bouncing up and down, I don't want the curry to be full to the brim of the pot.

Make sense now? :pac:

Advertisement