Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aldi wireless usb hub

• 24-03-2010 10:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭

Hi, was thinking about getting this

http://aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_12414.htm tomorrow but wanted to get some advice from the people in the know.

What I was wondering is if it would be possible to connect my vodafone dongle to this so I could share the internet connection.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭KD11

apparently so have a lot of people, theres already a thread on this here somewhere, should be of some help. im pretty sure you cant use it with the dongle though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

I would think not.

The USB modem might not like multiple PCs trying to control it at the same time.

Do you have a wireless lan at home?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

What's Aldi like when you want to return something?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Encoder1970

Good, never had issue.
    You already thinking of returning the modem before buying it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Here is the link to the Bargain alerts thread:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055861509&page=5

Apparently you need to install software on the machines that will access the devices connected to the USB hub and only 1 device will be able to access the device at a time so it would be no good for sharing a USB modem with multiple pc's...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭Brabazone

bought it today just to see if it would work and no joy, will pick up the modem but for what ever reason it just will not install it using the wireless hub even with the wireless hub software.

Returned it and got a full refund with no probs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Brabazone wrote: »
    bought it today just to see if it would work and no joy, will pick up the modem but for what ever reason it just will not install it using the wireless hub even with the wireless hub software.

Returned it and got a full refund with no probs.

Did you try using it with an external hard drive with it?

do you have install software on your computer to access the devices connected to the hub?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭slickmcvic

...bought mine yesterday..connected it to a printer,speaker set and externalhard drive... although it had to run seperate to my eircom router as it wouldnt accept my WEP key....rebooted the laptop today however and got it connected to hub and net no bother...great bit of kit..well worth €50!

Advertisement