Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fixed Wireless in Kerry

• 24-03-2010 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Am moving just outside Tralee pretty soon and pretty sure the area is not covered by Eircom. Can anyone recommend a reliable provider?

Cost isn't a major issue - I'll happily pay for someone who can deliver decent speed on an ongoing basis. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,548 ✭✭✭weisses

Im with kerry Broadband ... good provider imo

Tralee is covered by IBB, Kerry Broadband and Permanet. I wouldn't recommend Permanet unless you have no other option, have had serious contention problems with them in the past (in Listowel).

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Zicom

Hi,
    If it helps I work in the WISP industry and know the guys at Kerry Broadband.
    They are honest and run a well managed network, reccomend them. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

I dont know much about the other providers listed above, but atm, i would advise against choosing Permanet right now. They weren't too bad for a while, but their connection has been dreadful past few weeks. Constant disconnects and very slow speeds. Even trying to watch a short vid on youtube is painful

Supposedly Permanet are in the process of upgrading their service here in Kerry, but, i have not heard anything official, and their website is pretty amateurish, with shag all info.

Advertisement