Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MORE problems with Eircom Broadband.

• 24-03-2010 10:35pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭

Hey guys (again), Im having more problems with my Eircom Broadband 7megs, Im using the zyxel router Eircom supplies. I am using Windows Vista and connecting to the wireless router.

Baisclly the connection just keeps dropping out, I can surf the internet away for say 5 minutes at a time then a webpage will freeze and I will have absolutely no internet connection for a minute despite Windows saying I am still connected to Eircom96783... The service just keeps dropping out completely its absolutely infuriating.

Its absolutely guarenteed to loose connection if I try and download off torrents, like if I have bittorrent running and I'm getting 300k/second Im GUARENTEED to loose connection after 5 minutes, its almost like the router is overheating!! Once I loose connection I cannot connect back to the router (wireless router is out of reach) again without resetting the router and then restarting my laptop, which I have to do several times a day!!

Anyone any ideas, I havnt got Eircom in a month yet and Im strongly thinking of firing it back to them, its completely useless.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Torrents break the router if its not set up properly, turn the firewall on the router to low and add the utorrent port to the nat.

If that doesn't work and your connection is still slow then get this and patch the memory to 100 half open connections. As with every application, scan it for viruses.

Advertisement