Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tinted moisturiser

• 24-03-2010 10:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭

Just looking for advice please- Do any of you ladies wear a tinted moisturiser or something light when you don't want to wear foundation ? Any recommendations please.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭mrsberries

Hi -I do! Infact Ive decided to temporarily ditch foundation for tinted moisturiser to keep my skin super moisturised for my wedding next month ;)

Absolutely adore the Vichy one - its a light coverage, gives a glow however contains no SPF. Benefits Rebel Rebel isnt bad either. used to use the Boots 17 one but it didnt spread on my face easily so found it annoying. Olay have one out now too that I have a sample of and am enjoying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Lollers

Bobbi Brown tinted balm is really good if you have dry skin.

http://www.bobbibrowncosmetics.com/templates/products/spp/index.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY22761&PRODUCT_ID=PROD3442

Its pricey, but worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I love love love the Bobbi Brown tinted moisturiser (the one that comes in a tube, not the balm as posted above- this one's for regular skin).

I always get compliments when I wear it. It's on the pricey side but lasts forever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭HardyEustace

Dermalogica. Think there was a post about cheap web sites for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭jos28

Thanks ladies,
    Off to the chemist I go to get some samples- Cheers :)

Best of luck with the wedding Mrsberries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭dekbhoy

jos28 wrote: »
    Thanks ladies,
    Off to the chemist I go to get some samples- Cheers :)

Im getting married , would it be possible for me to use tinted moisturiser to give me a glow for my wedding day, i suffer dry skin bouts and am a Man.... thoughts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Dermalogica. Think there was a post about cheap web sites for it.

+1 for Dernalogica

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭chocgirl

+1 for Benefit. Always wear it if I don't want to bother putting on make-up at home and it does the trick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭JEmily

I've fair yellowish type skin colour (light olive in summer, tans easily). Would the fair in Bobbi Brown tinted moisturisor be the correct colour? Never tried but sounds fab!

Does tinted moisturiser cover imperfections?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

Does tinted moisturiser cover imperfections?

Not so much. It makes them look better but tinted moisturiser is really good only if your skin is decent.

BTW, Laura Mercier does a fantastic, but expensive, tinted moisturiser.

I've good skin, as in smooth and spot free (most of the time!) but not particularly even colouring, if that's what you call it. Would it provide any coverage?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

I've good skin, as in smooth and spot free (most of the time!) but not particularly even colouring, if that's what you call it. Would it provide any coverage?

I have the same thing - no spots but a little blotchy/redness and the tinted works fine for it. It just sort of evens out your skin. I like the Aveda stuff with the spf in it.

If I do get a spot I just dab a tiny bit of concealer on it and then do the tinted moisturiser over it and it works for me.

jujibee wrote: »
    I have the same thing - no spots but a little blotchy/redness and the tinted works fine for it. It just sort of evens out your skin. I like the Aveda stuff with the spf in it.

If I do get a spot I just dab a tiny bit of concealer on it and then do the tinted moisturiser over it and it works for me.

Interesting! I've never tried tinted moisturiser at all, I might give it a go,

That Oil of Olay one with Max Factor in it caught my eye, has anyone tried it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

It's great for evening out skin tone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Was just rooting through my dresser and I found this pigment stuff from Lush- you mix it with your own moisturiser to make your own version of tinted moisturiser (you can control the tint and use a moisturiser that suits you)

Totally forgot I had it- might give it a go and report back :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Lollers

JEmily wrote: »
    I've fair yellowish type skin colour (light olive in summer, tans easily). Would the fair in Bobbi Brown tinted moisturisor be the correct colour? Never tried but sounds fab!

The light gives a fairish colour, the next colour light to medium I found to be a bit pinky ,while the medium is a warmer more neutral colour.
    Your best bet is to go in and try all three shades on your hand, or better still ask for some free samples.

whoops meant to say these are for the tinted balm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

dekbhoy wrote: »
    Im getting married , would it be possible for me to use tinted moisturiser to give me a glow for my wedding day, i suffer dry skin bouts and am a Man.... thoughts

You could try it but you'd need to find the brand that suits you best and you'd need to find a colour that suits you exactly as a tide mark would be a very bad look.

Over all you might be better to start working on your skin before the wedding. Maybe go for a facial and start exfoliating every few days and moisturizing every day. Also impriovibg your diet by eating more fruit and veg can give your skin and eyes a brighter, healthier look. All that might sort you out so that you wouldn't need tinted moisturiser.

Another option would be to try very light fake tan for the big day. If it was light enough no one would presume it's a tan or make up. You can put concealer under your eyes and on spots too to give the illusion of a more even complexion.

I'm sure all the excitement of the big day and the adrenaline will probably have you glowing anyways.

Oh but if you think of getting a tan have a trial run well in advance if the wedding in case you don't like it. Try it over a sunny weekend so no one will suspect you've been hitting the bottle!(of St Tropez).:)

Well I went to the benefit counter today in debenhams and they might aswell have said their rebel rebel moisturiser was worthless :rolleyes:

I guess I'll be sticking to my playstick foundation!

• Advertisement

Well I went to the benefit counter today in debenhams and they might aswell have said their rebel rebel moisturiser was worthless :rolleyes:

I guess I'll be sticking to my playstick foundation!

How do you mean?

I tried Rebel Rebel and found it made me look yellow and jaundiced. I definitely won't not recommend!
    Clinique City Block is good enough. Very light and nice texture. Also spf25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

Can highly recommend Aqua Fusion by Lancome. I have normal skin, though prone to the ol' Bosco cheeks and this stuff makes my skin look fabulous. Then a little crafty dab of Touche Éclat and your skin will be sorted, trust moi.

I like You Rebel from Benefit, but it is little on the orange side and requires lots of blending, I think.
    The Lite version of You Rebel is completely rubbish. I tried it recently at the Benefit counter and asked the makeup lady to wipe it off, because it did nothing for me.

jos28 wrote: »
    )

Thanks Jos!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭sogg

Interesting! I've never tried tinted moisturiser at all, I might give it a go,

That Oil of Olay one with Max Factor in it caught my eye, has anyone tried it?

I had great hopes for this one, but was sorely disappointed! I think it's really just because it's Max Factor that's in it, it seems to coagulate on my skin or something - yuck! Definately not a fan - I like the idea of the Vichey one though, just need something very minimal coverage just to make myself feel like I've made a little bit of an effort on workdays at least!!

sogg wrote: »
    I had great hopes for this one, but was sorely disappointed! I think it's really just because it's Max Factor that's in it, it seems to coagulate on my skin or something - yuck! Definately not a fan - I like the idea of the Vichey one though, just need something very minimal coverage just to make myself feel like I've made a little bit of an effort on workdays at least!!

Vichy is the bomb and a very underrated brand I think. Very light coverage but gives you a fab complexion :) Try and get a sample of possible ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Hi all,

I bought No 7's Tinted Moisturiser the other day and found it goes really streaky on my skin. Is this a problem with my skin or the moisturiser? I have really really dry skin so can't wear foundation without getting a scaly look all over my face. I want to wear tinted moisturiser instead but not if it's going to look streaky. I'm also really pale so need to get one that doesn't look too dark. Any recommendations? I don't have a huge budget either!

Advertisement