Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

where to get a complete Make Over

• 24-03-2010 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

HI GUYS
    its my mothers 50th coming up and i want to get her a complete make over (like you'd see on ''off the rail's'') for her birthday! just wondering if anyone known's where i can i one! based in Galway

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I'm not sure about the hair and makeup aspect of the whole makeover but Debinhams (and others I'm sure) do a personal shopper service that might be a start for her day.
    Actually I think the start of the day should be champaign and a massage followed by a few espressos then off for retail therapy. :)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61 ✭✭Night_Prowler

Colour me beautiful on St Anne Atreet do make up consultations, never been though, so might want to find out if they are good first :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭xxlplease

mims_lally wrote: »
    HI GUYS
    its my mothers 50th coming up and i want to get her a complete make over (like you'd see on ''off the rail's'') for her birthday! just wondering if anyone known's where i can i one! based in Galway

Hi, I could help, as this is my profession, however I am based in Dublin...I can drive to Galway, the only problem would be finding comfortable, confidential place for colour and shape session but this can be easily organised I would imagine.

Patricia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

There is an image consultant in Athenry who does all of this. I can't think of her name now but she is good; maybe google and see what you come up with?? I think she also works as an independant buyer too:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭odonopenmic

I sent my Ma to Colour Me Beautiful and it was ok. I'm not sure if it's because my mother is more fashion backward than forward or that she didn't feel it was a huge benefit but it didn't really resonate with her at all

This is years ago mind. I think she was given swatches with different coloured fabric and the idea was she'd bring these when shopping to pick out clothes with the best colour for her. I think she was given a similar thing for make-up.

As excellently suggested, nothing could beat a facial, brow shape and massage before kicking off a bit of shopping - especially if she is already pretty good about clothes and knowing what will suit. Always good to ask a personal shopper too to come along for the ride :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Dutchess

From what I can see they're gonnna be doing free ones in the Meyrick this saturday, check out www.feelgooddays.ie .

Advertisement