Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISA Day - 'Caint gan Eagla' - Talk Without Fear

Options
  • 24-03-2010 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭

From stammeringireland.ie
    This April ISA is organising a day for everyone who is challenged by stammering including adults who stammer, young people who stammer and parents of those who stammer.

We’ve decided to call this day ‘caint gan eagla’ meaning ‘talk without fear’. A reminder that no one needs to fear speaking including those who stammer. At this event you will

• Get new advice and information on how you can help yourself in stammering.
    • Be able to take part in a light hearted/fun quiz to see “who wants to be a stammering expert?”
    • See an outline of ISA’s new Vision, Mission and Values.
    • Help launch a new video to provide information about stammering to those in school.
    • Help launch a new branch of ISA for young people who stammer.
    • See Irish Stammering Association’s Youth Theatre – ISAYiT - perform and helping to launch Young ISA.

We invite you along to this day to share information and meet other people who stammer. It’s an exciting time to be part of ISA with lots of new developments. We would be delighted for you to join us on the day.

Date: Saturday 17th April
    Start: 10:30 a.m. registration / 11:00 a.m. start
    Finish: 3.30 p.m.
    Cost: €20 per person
    €40 maximum cost for a family
    Free for students of Speech and Language Therapy.

Check our website closer to the day for an outline plan for the day. Check the Hotel website for details of parking and public transport options.

You can register to attend the day by contacting the ISA office on 01 872 4405 or emailing mail@stammeringireland.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

I'm going to do my utmost to be there.

Anyone else from here going? Will ye pm me or post up here? :)

Sounds really positive.. mention of talking to schools, new vision, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭sadie9

Yes I'm going to be there.
    I really like that theme 'speaking without fear'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

Just a quick reminder about the ISA Day this Saturday 17th April. Hope to see a lot of users from this forum there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

Timetable for the Day

•10:30 Registration
    •11:00 Chairman’s address (Stephen Greene)
    •11:15 Quiz – Who wants to be a stammering expert? (Veronica Lynch & Jonathon Linklater)
    •12:00 ISA member presentation/ Stephen Patterson – internet and social networking
    •12:15 ISA member presentation/Michael O’Shea caint gan eagla – talk without fear
    •12:30 ISA member presentation/Michael Ryan caint gan eagla – talk without fear
    •12:45 parallel preview
    •1:00 – 2:00 lunch
    •2:00 Performance by ISAYiT - Irish Stammering Association Youth Theatre
    •2:20 Parallel sessions:
    ◦Adult session lead by self help group leaders
    ◦Parent’s session lead by Veronica Lynch
    ◦Young ISA lead by Jonathon Linklater
    •3:00 DVD young ISA launch
    •3:25 Closing address (Stephen Greene)
    •3:30 Close

Advertisement