Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power supply issues

Options
  • 24-03-2010 8:17pm
    Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Power is off a large swathe of DCN at present, and ESB are suggesting it will be a couple of hours before it's back on

The good news is it makes modding this forum a lot simpler. The bad news is I'm hungry:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

Beasty wrote: »
    Power is off a large swathe of DCN at present, and ESB are suggesting it will be a couple of hours before it's back on

The good news is it makes modding this forum a lot simpler. The bad news is I'm hungry:)

Ha ha.

Whereabouts exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Ha ha.

Whereabouts exactly?

Rush is on and off

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Ha ha.

Whereabouts exactly?
    Just back on a couple of minutes ago (Milverton), but I understand it was off in Balbriggan, Skerries and surrounding areas. Not sure if everyone is back on yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

Anyone else noticing power issues?

our lights have been flickering all night. then the lights went briefly out.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

We lost power around Skerries/Balbriggan for over an hour earlier. It came back just begore 8, then went off again for a short time (maybe 5 minutes) a few minutes ago.

ESB stated there was a major problem in the area, and initially indicated it would not be back on until around 9.30

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭cailinoBAC

all still out in Skerries, or at least it was a short time ago. Just came back to Balbriggan and glad to see the light!

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Hauk

Grand power cut there.

If the sky was clear I would have been out with the telescope.

Btw: Back in Skerries or I wouldn't be able to post this ;)

In Rush. Lights flickering all night here but no big power cuts. Went off for about 2 minutes around 7.30

sorry just saw the off topic thread.....

yeah still flickering in rush. on the desktop now hope it does not go ha ha

Mod Note

I've moved some posts from the Off-Topic thread to keep all this together

Beasty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

We didn't lose power until after 12 I don't think. Not too sure what time it came back on. I'm surprised we didn't have supply issues in the depths of winter this year like we normally do.

Beasty wrote: »
    Mod Note

I've moved some posts from the Off-Topic thread to keep all this together

Beasty

thought i was going mad

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Martron wrote: »
    thought i was going mad
    Just Beasty trying out his new Mod "Thread Tidy-up" Powahs. :D

Martron wrote: »
    thought i was going mad
    Sorry for the confusion, but as HB implied, I was keen to try out my new powers:)
    I would have started a separate thread originally but thought that most of those affected would not have been able to contribute as the power was off!

Ther was 2 line faults in Rush. Some areas did not have power back at 5.30am from and they went off about 8.30 last night. One fault in Kenure lawns and the other was near Six cross lane. Sorted now.

Thats SHOCKING!!!!:D

Advertisement