Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MS Excel

• 25-03-2010 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Had to create a new account as my old one seems to be locked out ?

Just wondering guys if there's any Microsoft Excel experts online here ?. I've got a tricky problem i'd like to try and get sorted out. I'm too tired to type it at this hour :)

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

You're gonna have to tell us the problem or we won't be able to help out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Slideshowbob

ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Jen32

Really sorry guys...i got it sorted and forgot about the thread....my apologies :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 beltonchris

Hey, hopefully someone can help Ok, im good with excel but this is outside my knowledge completly. I need the number of periods (columns) used in the cashflow to be based on input variables. So if an input value is increased, the length of the cash flow would also increase along with the spread of my costs / revenues. Up to now my assumptions for the number of periods used has been completly static and formed at the outset by the design of the spreadsheet only. Clueless as to how this works!! Any help would be much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭tonyagrey

Ok guys, may turn out to be stupid question but here goes.

Here is what i want to do:
    I want to set up a template/form in Excel that i can send a group. They will then save this template on their desktop. They will be using it regularly.

I then want to have a link or something attached in the file so that they can click it and it will automatically generate a mail for them with the file already attached. Alternatively, click the link and it sends the file.

It would be sent to the one person all the time so that should make it a little easier.

Any help is much appreciated.

Tony

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Slideshowbob

Hey, hopefully someone can help Ok, im good with excel but this is outside my knowledge completly. I need the number of periods (columns) used in the cashflow to be based on input variables. So if an input value is increased, the length of the cash flow would also increase along with the spread of my costs / revenues. Up to now my assumptions for the number of periods used has been completly static and formed at the outset by the design of the spreadsheet only. Clueless as to how this works!! Any help would be much appreciated!
    Not to clear what your problem is - can you attach the spreadsheet (or a generic sheet showing problem) here to a response and illustrate the problem on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭KAGY

do you want extra columns with all the calculations based on repeated based on some cell (date?)
    If so you could fill them all in, but enclose the function in an If statement,

=If (the date at the top of this col > input date,"", your calculation)
    Other than that you need to give us more info

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭EL_Loco

tonyagrey wrote: »
    Ok guys, may turn out to be stupid question but here goes.

Here is what i want to do:
    I want to set up a template/form in Excel that i can send a group. They will then save this template on their desktop. They will be using it regularly.

I then want to have a link or something attached in the file so that they can click it and it will automatically generate a mail for them with the file already attached. Alternatively, click the link and it sends the file.

It would be sent to the one person all the time so that should make it a little easier.

Any help is much appreciated.

Tony

Tony, this is a very simple one, where the default mail program gets opened with the file as an attachment. I found an example which sets the address and the subject.
    Sub sendaMAIL()
    Application.Dialogs(xlDialogSendMail).Show("phoenix@voyager.co.nz", "test", True)
    End Sub

more thorough examples here:
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm

I would setup a button on the template and assign the macro to the button. If you dont' know the steps for that let me know.

Advertisement