Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice required: home cinema unit or AV receivor & speakers

• 25-03-2010 12:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭

I have Samsung 46" M87 (3 hdmi, 2 scart), PS3 & NTL.

I had been looking at this £229 at amazon before VAT etc..

31rlVjRbo2L._SS500_.jpg

The HT-TZ325 offers an incredible 1000W of power through 5.1ch speaker set up with Full HD (1080p) upscaling for a truly unbelievable home cinema experience. With full Tallboy speaker configuration, this system will complement your living room perfectly. Add USB host, HDMI connectivity (with Anynet+) and Bluetooth and the HT-TZ325 offers great exceptional connectivity that will bring your movies and other digital media to life.

Anynet+(HDMI-CEC)
    Anynet+ makes it far easier to control TV & connected devices. This feature enables consumers to operate their Samsung TV and supporting devise using only one remote thanks to the HDMI connection. Automatic mode switching is also supported.

1080p Video Up-scale
    Standard DVD video resolution is 480i, however this can be up-scaled to near 1080p Full HD resolution with this Home Theatre System. When the HT-TZ325 is connected to an HD Ready TV via HDMI connection the picture quality of your standard DVD movies is vastly improved.

USB Host
    You don't need to burn CDs or DVDs to enjoy music, video clips or photos on your home theatre system; just plug a portable digital device into the USB port for instant entertainment.

Power Bass
    Power Bass allows you to get more out of your Home Theatre System. Through the enhanced signal your movies will sound better, placing you right in the heart of the action.

Bluetooth
    Bluetooth enables you to connect devices to your home theatre system wirelessly. The HT-TZ325 comes equipped with Bluetooth functionality allowing it to connect wirelessly to compatible devices such as mobile phones or MP3 players to enjoy you multimedia connect quickly and easily.

Wireless Rear Speaker Ready
    With optional wireless kit, this system can be a wireless rear speaker system. The optional SWA-4000 wireless kit comes with transmitter card and wireless receiver module. Just insert the card into the Home theatre centre unit, place wireless module on back of the room and connect with rear speakers. No longer do you need to run wires from the front set to the back speaker.

What are peoples opinon of this one?

Anyone have any other recomendations?

Appreciate any comments

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68 ✭✭axton1

If you are not critical of sound quality and your budget is stretched then go for it !

note: don't rely to much on wireless rears at this money as they tend not to work well or can be subject to interference depending on what other equipment is being used.

good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭penguinpoppers

Hey there,
    I actually bought that kit recently for use in my bedroom.
    (I bought it from Amazon too)

Its a very good system, its SIMPLE to set up and the sound quality is above average for what you'd expect from an all in one system at that price.
    The DVD upscaler is actually good which shocked me as I've heard many which upscale to 1080p end up making the dvd look worse.
    It has a reasonable amount/variety of inputs and overall im extremely happy with it.

If you have any questions just ask.

P.S If you decide to go for a more expensive system, check out the deal onkyo is doing on a bundle with an amplifier and 5.1 speakers for ender €400.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

One thing thing to mention, don't bother with how many watts you get, it really makes no difference to how good they are.

Anynet sounds like Samsung's thing that encourages consumers to buy all their stuff from them (most electronics companies have something like this) and it's pretty handy but it's not a major feature since you can usually just buy a universal remote if that's the kind of thing you're after.

I've never actually used an upscaler but from what I've heard, they can be a little sketchy and sometimes it's better just to leave it turned off. Honestly, I'd say get an actual Blu Ray player instead. You have a good TV, it deserves to have some real high definition video:) And most Blu Ray players will upscale too.

I'd be wary of wireless speakers. I love wireless stuff in general for it's tidiness but speakers are a little dodgy with them.

One other thing, are you sure Amazon will ship to Ireland? In my own experience they've been quite fussy about what they'll actually send. Just make sure beforehand.

Advertisement