Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dublin ink to open soon

Options
  • 25-03-2010 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭

my friend heard someone on Spin1038 talking about a new "dublin ink" tattoo shop opening soon, i searched it on facebook and they are making three tv series there! sound like a pretty good project, anyone have any information on what artists will be working there? i couldn't find much at all!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

they were on the site here a while ago, havent heard from em in a while. time will tell it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭pajodublin

They are opening in 2 weeks on Cows Lane (behind turks head pub)
    Will find out who the artists are

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

I cannot believe how easily sucked into this crap people are.

Assumably, some dublin tattooists will be tattooing there, as there have been in studios across dublin for some time now. Suddenly there's a camera in there and we're all hyped up?

agree 100% BR

i couldnt be arsed with it if im honest.
    Unless the tattoo is for free of course :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Assumably, some dublin tattooists will be tattooing there, as there have been in studios across dublin for some time now. Suddenly there's a camera in there and we're all hyped up?

Unless the artists are really something special, I'm feeling very "meh" about the whole thing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Sure even the hype about Miami ink and LA ink seems to have worn off now.

yeah they are about 4 years too late

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Sure even the hype about Miami ink and LA ink seems to have worn off now.

People are probably fed up with the same ****e, a story and meaning behind all tattoos and Chris Garvers dragon that he done about 100 times.

Is Discovery picking this up or is it an Irish channel?
    Cant imagine RTE shown it, probably TV3.

It could be good for Irish artists to get known if it gets shown abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭pippington

TV3 would jump on any bandwagon!!i dont think i wud like it...hehe could be like the best tattoo artist in the world and still get distracted by cameras and an entire filming crew there...no thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 the todd

According to there page the artists will include Raquel Cude from New York and Isnard Barbosa from Brazil (who seems fairly good) and the rest will be Irish artists. It's going to be a normal tattoo studio as well as a tv programme.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

i ****in hate miami ink/la ink .... all the tattoo's and sob stories are the same over and over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭deadramones

Two artists from the states (Brazillian chap seems to have been working over there) and an Irish artist who hasn't worked in an Irish shop afaik. The Brazillian seems alright, bit of a poor mans Jani imo. The girls work leaves a lot to be desired as does the Irish artists. Zulu are doing an Ireland Ink show too with Dirty Sanchez. I can't say I'm remotely interested in watching either.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Lady

Facebook Page and Website if anyone is looking for more info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I would love to see this....

"aaaah heeeyor can oi get me burds nayahm on me c*ck. WHA WHA WHA?"

But, yeah it's kinda old hat now. I wouldn't watch this at all. Can't believe that it's happening to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

chin_grin wrote: »
    I would love to see this....

"aaaah heeeyor can oi get me burds nayahm on me c*ck. WHA WHA WHA?"

But, yeah it's kinda old hat now. I wouldn't watch this at all. Can't believe that it's happening to be honest!

hahaha, this is kind of what i'm imagining myself!
    hopefully some people with some great ideas will come forward and the artists will be able to skillfully fulfil their desires and all in all we will get to see some great work!

Lady wrote: »
    Facebook Page and Website if anyone is looking for more info.

I'm pretty sure taking an Ed Hardy design and slapping it on your website is illegal. DI Girls also looks promising, you can never have enough semi naked tattooed girls degrading themselves can you.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I'm into the stuff by Isnard and Raquel, Leigh has a long way to go to get up to standard.

I'll watch the show, just because it's Irish though.

Edit: Joe's work looks nice too and I've heard good things about Chello.

I agree Joe's work is good the rest are a far cry from international standard particularly Raquel and Leigh. Cello's a great piercer wouldn't hesitate to recommend him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Even though I think Isnard's work is very impressive. I wouldn't want to get a tattoo done with a camera done in front of my face. It would be just too uncomfortable.

Fair play to em I think, the tattoo and piercing industry seems to have taken a big hit (along with everywhere else) with the 'recession', least this way they are guaranteed to get work, make a name for themselves and have a bit of fun too.

• Advertisement

2 of the 4 have moved from abroad to do this. I just think it's a bit odd considering neither of them are in the same league as some of the tattooers already working in this country. Overall I'd be hesitant to put someone who's just recently completed an apprenticeship on tv and bill her as a top-notch tattooer same with someone who has very little shop experience. I'll be interested to see Ishnard (even though I believe Wojt, Marcin in Connected, Jani, Remis and Attila to all be considerably better then him) and Joe's work but otherwise this shows very little promise at all.

Well it won't be a normal studio I assume, only book by appointment for pre selected clients, no walk ins or wasters wanting a hugely detailed piece the size of a euro coin.

One of the main guys was on the forum here sometime last year. Seemed sound enough.

Just because there are better out there doesn't automatically mean they will be on the show. Always better out there. I'm not into the miami ink etc shows but may have a look at this. Not gonna shoot it down before it even goes into production

I doubt anyone would be able to pay the rent with that. Also they have two piercers so they'd have to have walk ins for that at least. I'd assume they'll be doing the small stuff and walkins like every other shop but just filming the "celebrities" and big pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

it says on their facebook they are taking walk-ins, this may only be until they establish themselves and just take appointments..
    i'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out - hey, it's something new and kind of exciting and it's happening here, you don't get that too often!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 dysfunktional

its gonna be another cheap knock-off "pound shop" version of an already copyed show, flood of scummers lookin for tackey tattoos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Molberts

Ah lads, it mightnt be everyones cup of tea but must we really all knock it and say its going to be shyte before it even airs? So Irish :rolleyes:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/ireland/article7094242.ece

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

No way, this could be kinda cool. I did slightly slump in my seat in disappointment when I clicked the sites link and saw the Ed Hardy bullshít in the bg, though.

Regardless of the fashion line. If you call a classic Ed Hardy design bull**** you know nothing about tattooing and have no respect for its roots. If your commenting on the fact that they stole flash from both Ed Hardy and Chris Conn, then yes it is complete bull****. It shows how much they respect the industry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Im
    commenting on the fact that they stole flash from both Ed Hardy and Chris Conn

• Advertisement

Yep. They just seem to have no respect. I won't be watching/supporting any of this.

Advertisement