Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dublin ink to open soon

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Ill watch, for the laughs more than anything, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭deadramones

It's a sad state of affairs that nobody out of the 10k friends they have on facebook noticed that they were stealing from Chris Conn who is an artist of such talent and has done so much for tattooing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Without the big Ed Hardy signature that usually goes along with designs like that, I doubt most would notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

some the comments on that facebook page are an embarassment

but i hope its a success i just dont see it being one and lasting 3 series :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 tommywiseau

i would take a guess that it's just an elaborate marketing ploy, in terms of a tv show actually coming out of it. nothing has been confirmed with an airing date, what channel will carry, when ami will show up :rolleyes: etc..it so it looks sketchy, of course i could be completely wrong. also they have said 'web episodes' will commence straight away, so it could just be something that will end up on youtube..
    looking at their facebook page the hype seems to have worked, no lack of people looking for rihanna stars and the cheryl cole H-J..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Ireland’s tattoo industry is unregulated, however. Hygiene standards are not inspected and tattoo artists aren’t certified.

Trust the English papers to take a stab at the Irish.:rolleyes:

I know it's true, but the way they worded it was obviously to make us sound like a backwards scum bucket of a country.

Ah, bless...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

CianRyan wrote: »
    Trust the English papers to take a stab at the Irish.:rolleyes:

I know it's true, but the way they worded it was obviously to make us sound like a backwards scum bucket of a country.

Ah, bless...

Is it regulated anywhere? And if so, how does it differ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Is it regulated anywhere? And if so, how does it differ?
    Yes it is. In england by law they are required to have certain equipment and everything. Ireland is backward as **** but all the real shops go by the english shops way

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭eeyore2502

After being in the place twice for my other halves tattoo to be finished I can't see how people will tune into this. If Leigh even goes on half of what he does when the camera's aren't there people will get quite fed up with him very quickly!!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭InkNut

Ive been in twice since filming stopped and got 2 tattoos there in the past week... One by Leigh and one by Raquel, both of which im happy with, ill be going there in future:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

Had a look in this place a while back. Looked more like a hair dressers, didn't like the vibe off the place at all. I suppose posers have to get tattooed somewhere too.

To be honest with you the posers will fit right in with one of the artists.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

InkNut wrote: »
    Ive been in twice since filming stopped and got 2 tattoos there in the past week... One by Leigh and one by Raquel, both of which im happy with, ill be going there in future:)

2 tattoos in a week?
    Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Melion wrote: »
    2 tattoos in a week?
    Why?
    because he was feeling shilltastic?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I thought the same :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 makeup queen

I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy, got a tattoo done a couple of months back going on what I had seen on Facebook, unfortunately the tattoo still hasn't healed right, a small section of it even ended up infected and most of the ink is now gone from that point. I have a few other tattoos and know how to look after them and never had a problem when they where done, even got one of them done in Spain, I know tattoos abroad not a good idea but never had a problem with mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Not defending them, but your tattoo getting infected could be the result of many many different things that could have happened after getting tattooed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭sundaypapers

Back on topic, did this place ever open? If not, can someone recommend a good place in Dublin 2 or Dublin 8?

Yes its open and running, think it open in November.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Back on topic, did this place ever open? If not, can someone recommend a good place in Dublin 2 or Dublin 8?

Why don't you go into the city centre to where most of the Tattoo Studios are.

• Advertisement

Not feeling shilltastic at all man, was just saying that from what I've seen it's a decent place except for the fact that management can be a little bit rude sometimes.

But if people are getting bad tattoos in there its understandable they'd stay away, but IMHO Raquel does some good work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 tommywiseau

InkNut wrote: »
    Not feeling shilltastic at all man, was just saying that from what I've seen it's a decent place except for the fact that management can be a little bit rude sometimes.

But if people are getting bad tattoos in there its understandable they'd stay away, but IMHO Raquel does some good work.
    why don't you post up pics?? wouldn't mind seeing what their stuff is like!! i heard raquel does a lot of color-realism type stuff??

why don't you post up pics?? wouldn't mind seeing what their stuff is like!! i heard raquel does a lot of color-realism type stuff??

I'll get some up soon... I didn't get any colour done from raquel, just a simple chorus of a song, but have seen her stuff and am more than happy for her to do a coloured half sleeve that I have planned. Chris in there is pretty good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

When I first heard of Dublin Ink I though it would be laughable and just trying to cash in on the other 'ink' series (which by the name they obviously are), but having visited in the last couple of days I have to say the place looks nice, and Raquels work looks good, its somewhere I'd consider going, prices are reasonable too IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

I hope that image on the Di(?) girls page isn't the J Scott Campbell rip off I think it is.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4 octojoe

RUBBISH JUST A PUBLICITY STUNT.who on earth would like to see a day in the life of a dublin tattoo artist,maybe if it was a comedy,junkies looking for a tattoo for a tenner and gobbsheens telling you how they were on gear but havent been on heroin since they got out of prison last week.And the only tattoo artists in dublin worth watching are all eastern european not even from ireland let alone dublin so it would have to be called anywhere apart from dublin ink.Or maybe there gonna shoot the show in joans kitchen were a friend of hers does come round the house and does massive tattoos for cheap nall nanny ways te bits,seriously!

Don't hold back now, why not say what you really think about it? :pac:

Cashmere Media banned for spamming this video 4 times, this time right after sending me a PM claiming they didn't know they'd posted it more than once.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

If it's the video i just watched on youtube then it's not worth watching anyway, pointless

• Advertisement
Advertisement