Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you buy Citylink tickets on the bus?

• 25-03-2010 12:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

I wanted to get a Citylink Dublin-Galway ticket through the website but when it came to the section 'how do you want to receive your ticket' the only option available was collection at the tourist office in Galway! Hardly makes sense when I'm coming from Dublin? Has anyone got a Citylink on this route recently, can you just buy the ticket on the bus driver at Burgh Quay?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

Yes, you can buy tickets onboard if the bus is not already full with people who have pre-booked tickets. You will have to pay the regular fare if you buy onboard, it's often cheaper to book in advance online.

By any chance was it a Monthly Return ticket that you were trying to buy online? If so, Monthly Return tickets (booked online or otherwise) have to be collected from the ticket office in Galway.

You could try booking 2 seperate Single tickets online instead? That should work and it might even work out cheaper overall.

As far as I know, Single and Day Return tickets can be booked online; you can then print your ticket or use the TxtTicket facility.

Monthly Return tickets have to be bought or collected at the Galway ticket office for some reason (I don't really understand why).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

i always buy the tickets online and just how them the email on my phone, works fine. (if you can acess yer email from yer phone that is)
    how much are the tickets bought on the bus and the monthly tickets?
    Where exactly on Burg Quay do they stop? I've only ever gotten them to not from dublin

They depart from roughly here. Burgh Quay is quite short - you should be able to see the bus stop fairly easy anyhow.

City Link stop at Eden Quay upon arrival in Dublin City which is directly across from Burgh Quay.

GoBus stop at Eden Quay also upon arrival in Dublin. However, departing Dublin City they go from outside Ulster Bank on George's Quay which is only a short walk down from Eden/Burgh Quay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 konstruktsiya

Yes it was a month return - just got the single and was able to print and much cheaper! Thanks!

Glad to hear you got sorted!

• Advertisement
Advertisement