Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exchange Rates

Options
  • 25-03-2010 1:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭

From reading posts here I think I'm gonna go with PayPay but not 100% sure how it works yet!!! Anyway, when would the best time for rates be? Does anyone see it changing relatively much over next couple weeks? Have opened account in Australia and want to transfer it soon!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

From reading posts here I think I'm gonna go with PayPay but not 100% sure how it works yet!!! Anyway, when would the best time for rates be? Does anyone see it changing relatively much over next couple weeks? Have opened account in Australia and want to transfer it soon!

It is a pretty bad rate for euro -> Oz at the moment, despite what anyone claims, we do not know how this will go, if we did we would all be rich.

Personally I think it will hover over the same rate for the next few months and Euro will gain slightly. But that is a pure guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

How long can you hold off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭duckygalway

Flying out 20th April which is a Tuesday so I figure the Wednesday previous to allow them put it through?!

Flying out 20th April which is a Tuesday so I figure the Wednesday previous to allow them put it through?!

yeah I cant see any change in the next few weeks. Unless you keep a fund in euro you may as well go for it now

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭jack in the box

Is paypal the best way to transfer funds?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭denismac

I'm going there in June and I have been watching the exchange rate closely for the past few months. It's pretty bad at the moment but this is a trend that has been ongoing for over a year. Just when you think it won't get any worse than it is it drops again. With the news this morning of the Euro under pressure from the Greek and Portuguese situations I think that it will probably drop further. I think I will have to bite the bullet myself and order my spending money now before it drops even further.
    Just my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭duckygalway

Is paypal the best way to transfer funds?

I read somewhere they have very bad exchange rates?! I don't know enough about currencies to comment!

It was on the BBc last night the Euro is rallying on the back of a decision on Greece.

Advertisement