Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

duck question

Options
  • 25-03-2010 1:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Is there any money in breeding ducks or selling duck eggs?how many eggs to they have annually?I have a nice secure pin for them so shud be safe.What would be the most profitable in this area?
    ty

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 will21

I wouldnt advise breeding ducks.They are very dirty,60% of there **** is water so there house gets dirty quick.Also they take a month to hatch there eggs.They could hatch 12 eggs and you could end up with half male and half female and believe me nobody wants the drakes(males).Its also not fair on them if you have no pool for them.If you were to buy some just to sell the eggs you would want about 20-30 aylesbury ducks and even at that you wouldnt make enough to justify the work involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 mr.spids

thank you very much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭yugimon121

the average we sell fertile eggs are €5 for 6 or €8 for 12.
    we have ducks, they swim in our river and get wet and mucky, which ruins your garden if it's clean.
    we sell drakes and ducks for €5 but a laying duck is €10, and if we have many drakes we just give them away.

chickens have the same prices, but they don't get wet and dirty like ducks.
    however i can't sell them because my sister thinks ducks are cute.

Advertisement