Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CS5 Launch Date

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

Wow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Now THAT is impressive, and useful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

Content aware - Rocks!
    Very handy tool.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭conolan

Alert - Not available just announced next month. See this from cs5.org
    Before you get too excited, let’s get one thing straight: This is the unveiling, or basically an introduction to the public. Adobe is going so far as to call it a “launch” day but you will not be able to buy the software that day. Adobe has not announced a release day yet, but October 2010 makes sense to me (just a guess).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Looks like PP just go a whole lot easier... that is awesome :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

OK I'm not actually a photoshop user, i wish i was - but after watching this I think I might just take it up!

This is some of the new features in the upcoming release:

Skip to 2.20 if you are short on time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

opps sorry

Amazingly impressive - I'm going to start using photoshop!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Content aware fill feature, looks like its coming along nicely!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

I'll re-direct you to here ...
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055864840

which has a re-direct to yet ANOTHER thread on exactly the same topic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

My Mistake, mods feel free to delete this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Got linked this today, all I can say is whoa. I know purists would say it's not really photography, computer is doing the work for you etc etc but holy hell this functionality is impressive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH0aEp1oDOI&feature=player_embedded#

It's already been posted 4-5 times today.

See http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055864757

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Wow, that's just stunning stuff. They've really upped their game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

This will help me alot has I don't know how to clone and brush...
    Hope PS isn't too complicated compared to Lightroom which took me a fair while to get to grips with!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

On the third shot, the stitched landscape, can anyone explain what is happening with the sky, is this pure cgi? Is it automatically cloning image data from elsewhere? Is it using a pre existing library of images and merging them?

I really like the idea of using something like that to remove a lens spot or something, even removing the tree is just extending a plain sky, but I don't know if I'd like large swathes of my image to be 'generated'.

*confused*

Hope PS isn't too complicated compared to Lightroom which took me a fair while to get to grips with!

PS is a major step up from Lightroom. So many more functions and features. PS is a world to itself. You can nearly do a degree course in PS.

On the third shot, the stitched landscape, can anyone explain what is happening with the sky, is this pure cgi?

I would assume that it's just reading the data around it, and doing some fancy maths to predict what "could" be there, based on the information around it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Got linked this today, all I can say is whoa. I know purists would say it's not really photography, computer is doing the work for you etc etc but holy hell this functionality is impressive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH0aEp1oDOI&feature=player_embedded#

OK ! WE KNOW ABOUT THE CLONE TOOL ALREADY !!

I think the mods should put up a sticky ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

OK ! WE KNOW ABOUT THE CLONE TOOL ALREADY !!

I think the mods should put up a sticky ...

No no, you're missing the point. It's the new content aware function, it'll REPLACE the clone tool. ;)

Anyways, my bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

While I don't claim to be a genius I can show you through some basics in PS if you want sometime, I only work around the corner from you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭chuck eastwood

Dam I came here looking to find out where i'll get a cheap battery grip and now I want CS5. Gf's gonna kill me. what kind of money do you guy's think this will go for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Thats very, VERY impressive. Of course, the purists will complain that the Clone tool is now redundant - but this really makes editing large parts of images so much quicker and easier.

I wonder what other wonder tools they have in store....

Such a shame they don't roll out the same clone feature in to Lightroom 3. Now that would be impressive, and very useful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

i dont think this is a replacement, i will wait till i see it large, ie a big print as to how well it works

in the video there are places where it didnt work correctly and were still noticeable

i think it will be quicker to get a way through then you will have to do a good bit of finessing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭democrates

stcstc wrote: »
    i dont think this is a replacement, i will wait till i see it large, ie a big print as to how well it works

in the video there are places where it didnt work correctly and were still noticeable

i think it will be quicker to get a way through then you will have to do a good bit of finessing
    Agreed, even on the small video you could see the darker patches were left on the distant grass edits, a traditional clone tool would do better there using a closer matched source.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

Notice the way he cropped the sun out of the image before he used it. Id say with too much contrast in the image, cloning out the tree would have been a problem. Though, it will be a time saver for smaller edits and maybe for images destined for display on the screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

jaw-drop.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

I touched myself :o:o:o:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

its due sooner than expected.

http://cs5launch.adobe.com/

wonder can I get an upgrade from CS2

nah thats just the launch date

i reckon it will be sept or oct before you get ya hands on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

stcstc wrote: »
    nah thats just the launch date

i reckon it will be sept or oct before you get ya hands on it

and I WILL get my hands on it ....lol :D

he he i am sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Kbeg3

Looking forward to it! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭YourName

Now that is seriously impressive, however it does worry me about the way in which photography manipulation is heading, call me wierd if you want in saying this, but is it becoming a bit too easy??? Like this is simple clicks of a mouse, and the image has changed completely, beyond how it could ever look naturally.

Are we looking into a future of photography where it will not represent reality, because it will be too easy to change an image beyond recognition????

Just my 2 cents

YourName wrote: »
    Now that is seriously impressive, however it does worry me about the way in which photography manipulation is heading, call me wierd if you want in saying this, but is it becoming a bit too easy??? Like this is simple clicks of a mouse, and the image has changed completely, beyond how it could ever look naturally.

Are we looking into a future of photography where it will not represent reality, because it will be too easy to change an image beyond recognition????

Just my 2 cents
    I wouldn't worry, we're already at the stage where it's easy to alter images but it hasn't taken away anyone's freedom.

In fact digital has led a lot more people into photography and a proportion have branched into film photography. Businesses who thought film was dead slipped up as demand outstrips supply in some areas. Try getting flash bulbs, and look at the other thread here rejoicing that polaroid film is to become available again. Opportunities abound...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

First I've heard of it, wow, Clone works wonders for restoration. Knackered now, been working non stop today will look into it when I get a chance, maybe Sunday, thanks for the heads up.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Scary stuff - is it real or is someone ripping the piss?

I hope they release a content aware forum plugin for new threads.... :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Right - The next person who starts a new thead about the Content Aware CS5 has to buy a round for the Forum. ;)

CabanSail wrote: »
    Right - The next person who starts a new thead about the Content Aware CS5 has to buy a round for the Forum. ;)
    Do I get a sambuca chaser too since I posted it in oof&ot2 on wed night to avoid irking anyone? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭mehfesto

Paulw wrote: »
    I would assume that it's just reading the data around it, and doing some fancy maths to predict what "could" be there, based on the information around it.

I'd say you can get some 'funky ' results if it doesnt read it properly.

Dying to get my hands on this in college! Will prolly be gone before it's realised though.

mehfesto wrote: »
    I'd say you can get some 'funky ' results if it doesnt read it properly.

Dying to get my hands on this in college! Will prolly be gone before it's realised though.
    Turns out the Gimp already does this, filters..enhance..smart remove selection

Uses the resynthesizer plugin some guy did during his Phd, CS5 may have a smarter algorithm.

Just tested this 'content aware removal' tool using Gimp on a fussy image and you're right about funky results, particularly if you're not careful about what radius you set it to clone/resynthesise from. There's no way to specify only copy from the left or above and below, and from the dark spots on the grass in the CS5 video, it seems to have a similar issue. No doubt in the future it'll get smarter - find edges/vectorise, delete selection, join the dots and follow those curves to get source textures for interpolation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

I assume a beta is only a few months off. Think they've had one before the release of most CS software and lightroom etc.. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Dara Robinson

Stunned, absolutely stunned. Amazing, thanks OP

What sort of price do you guys pay for photoshop? And is there any guide price for what this will sell for?

I had a quick google and came across some outrageous prices! :eek:

I've been using an old version of Macromedia Fireworks for years but that new content aware tool has really caught my attention! Is there such thing a student license for photoshop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Dara Robinson

people pay for photoshop? :eek: I thought it was free :rolleyes:

Here is another great vid I stumbled onto

I read that Photoshop CS5 is coming to a website near you soon enough (2-3 weeks)

Here is another one. ok, I'm going to stop now as it seems that I could end up doing this for a while lol

I was not exactly excited by the up coming release of CS5 because previous versions have seemed like money spinners more than actual updated or newer and improved versions. CS5 might be different

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

foto joe wrote: »
    What sort of price do you guys pay for photoshop? And is there any guide price for what this will sell for?

I had a quick google and came across some outrageous prices! :eek:

I've been using an old version of Macromedia Fireworks for years but that new content aware tool has really caught my attention! Is there such thing a student license for photoshop?

Student edition of photoshop sells for about 170 euro. Can't see it being very different for cs5. ;)

Advertisement