Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aldi PC special buy - bargain?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,022 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Its not a bad PC but as has been said so often round here you could build a better one yourself for the same money. Let me put it this way, if a friend of mine who knew nothing about computers and wanted to buy one I'd say they couldn't go too far wrong with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

I know its time consuming but could someone in the know throw up a list of components costing less or the same as 549 through one website? I was half thinking of buying this this but would like to do a self build if someone would help out.
    Aldi PC
    ▪ Processor
    AMD Phenom™ II X4 820 Quad-Core processor
    (2.80 GHz, 6 MB Total Cache)
    ▪ Operating system
    Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium
    Windows® 7 simplifies and speeds up those things that you do every day.
    ▪ High performance graphic
    ATI Radeon™ HD 5670 DirectX® 11 graphics with 1024 MB dedicated memory on board and D-Sub VGA, DVI-I and HDMI connection (HDCP Support).
    ▪ HDMI & eSATA
    The high performance solutions for reliable data transfer at optimal transmission rate as well as unique multimedia experiences featuring outstanding quality.
    ▪ 8 Channel High Definition Audio
    Connect your 8-channel surround sound system and enjoy films, music files or games with breathtaking sound.1
    ▪ MEDION® Dataport2
    A direct and simple connection for an HDDrive2Go ultra-speed external hard drive to your PC without cumbersome cables.2
    Expandable Mini USB port!
    You can quickly and easily connect other devices e.g. MP3 players, cameras or hard drives via the expandable Mini USB port. If you don‘t need it any longer, the connector and the cable disappears into the base of the MEDION data port.
    ▪ Multiformat DVD/CD burner
    supports all the usual DVD/CD standards, incl. dual layer DVD-R and DVD+R.3
    ▪ Huge 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM
    Open several applications at the same time and switch from one program to another without waiting.4
    ▪ 1 TB (1000 GB) hard disk
    Create your own archive. Use the maximum storage capacity for over 200.000 songs or photos.5
    ▪ WLAN
    Wireless LAN IEEE 802.11 n-Standard with up-to 300 MBit/s., IEEE 802.11 b/g compatible.6
    ▪ Gigabit LAN
    Network controller Gigabit LAN 10/100/1000 Mbit/s.

Also includes the 64 bit Windows 7 recovery DVD and a 3 year warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

i dont think you can beat the price. but good luck trying to get aldi pc there normaly gone by 930 in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

With a 3 year warranty, and W7 included, the price is going to be hard to beat. that said, if you have an old PC thats being replaced, you could save the bob by not getting a DVD drive/HDD, OS and maybe even the case or PSU, and build your own slightly better pc.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Jack of all trades, master of none. Its well balanced but for a more gaming-oriented system you could focus more on graphics at the expense of CPU and HDD, and for a system that won't be gaming you can boost storabe and CPU grunt while downsizing the graphics and PSU even further.

• Advertisement
Advertisement