Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surviving the Dead

Options
  • 25-03-2010 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭

Anyone seen this yet, I watched it the other day, not too bad but to be honest seemed a little pointless, doesn't go anywhere and ends
    almost the same as any other zombie film

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Do you mean survival of the dead?

Havnt seen it yet.The DVD artwork does look cool but apart from that Im not too pushed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

nedtheshed wrote: »
    Do you mean survival of the dead?

Havnt seen it yet.The DVD artwork does look cool but apart from that Im not too pushed.

Googled surviving and it seems to be a short film. Survival was awesome though,really liked it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

havent seen it my slef but a lad I worked with it seen it and said it was not very good. But then I dont listen to him he is wrong a lot of the time.

But when he told me it was about a few irish peeople traped on an island with a load of zombies I was not very encouraged.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

I flicked through it mainly to hear how bad the accents are (they're terrible) and it looks to have the same production values as Diary of the Dead, which I enjoyed, but doesn't have the "found footage" aspect to excuse it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

Doh!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

That's better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Ah crap I only started downloading it bout 20 minutes ago. Feck it Ill have a look at it anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

So long as you don't pay for it it's no harm no foul! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭trustno1

Borrowed this off my brother (after Diary of the Dead I wasn't wasting money renting it!) and it was (like Diary) mediocore stuff. I think that George should just call it a day, fold up his directors chair as its getting a bit embarrasing for him now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Survival of the Dead is awful. Like, really really atrocious. I wasn't expecting much when I got it (pretty much felt obligated to get it) but any optimism I did have sank like a led balloon the moment 'Patrick O' Flynn' and 'Seamus Muldoon' opened their mouths and delivered Irish accents that are beyond embarrassing.

The dialogue is cringeworthy.

The budget must have been pretty modest, because the zombies look like they have regressed to the face-painted Dawn of the Dead days. Some of the kills looked fairly ropey (and I'm assuming whatever budget was there was paid for by Apple, because there's facepalm-inducing plugging of an iPhone in one scene). And on the subject of kills - they're completely mundane. At least Diary had a couple of decent kills.

Worst of all, it's just plain boring. The zombies are never a credible threat. There are no scenes where a horde overruns the survivors. The survivors actually look pretty bored for most of the film, as if the undead were a minor inconvenience. The whole zombie apocalypse takes a backseat to the centre storyline: two old Irish guys fighting over some land. I **** you not.

I always thought this series was head and shoulders above all the other main horror franchises in terms of retaining its quality with each sequel (hell, I'm in the minority that liked Land). But this is garbage. Please, George. Please. Don't make any more zombie films.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

i watched it once....its so bad...:(

Advertisement