Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garmin Edge 705 - Buttons

• 25-03-2010 10:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone ever had the buttons on the 705 refuse to work?
    My unit is stuck on. If I connect it to the PC, it turns off and charges, but when I disconnect, it turns itself back on and I'm back to square 1.

Mid way through a training ride this morning it turned itself off and on for some reason.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭oflahero

Raam wrote: »
    Anyone ever had the buttons on the 705 refuse to work?
    My unit is stuck on. If I connect it to the PC, it turns off and charges, but when I disconnect, it turns itself back on and I'm back to square 1.

Mid way through a training ride this morning it turned itself off and on for some reason.

Try a different SD card in it perhaps, and see if that makes any difference?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭jag con

You could try to disconnect the battery from the unit and leave it for a few minutes and then reconnect the battery and see if that works

Con

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭garminguy

something that i could not figure out is when u have it on the side profile screen(that is when i shows you the hill profile from the side), where am i in relation to the screen?
    am i on the extreme left, in the middle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

This is all awesome stuff, honestly. But has anyone actually had this problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Mine was turning it self on and off, but the buttons were working. Then it went off for good and I send it back for RMA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

My 305 used to turn itself off after a few KM. It wouldn't turn itself back on. I had to send it back to Garmin and they shipped me a new one for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Well whaddaya know, it just started working again.
    The solution: leave it alone for 30 minutes.

I never knew that the Garmins came shipped with an advanced auto repair function. It's just as well that they do, given that they have a break-for-a-random-reason feature.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

If it happens again, do a soft reset on it. Usually fixes it when my locks up in a similar fashion.

Mode + Lap

Advertisement