Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for advice

• 25-03-2010 11:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys.

I've been looking to get a cheap scooter for the last while just to get back and forward to work, i've been scouring all the usual places like adverts, donedeal and gumtree. But i think 90% of the people there are taking the piss.

What i'm looking for is a cheap scooter for around 300 blips, nothing fancy. So it seems the private route isn't going anywhere for me with the crazy prices people are asking for 10 year old bikes. Does anyone here know of a dealer in dublin city that sells used scooters for that kind of price range?

TIA.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 684 ✭✭✭rgfuller

Try CitySpares - http://www.cityspares.ie/ - they may have something ultra cheap, though for that money it may be a fixer-upper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Thanks. I managed to find a few other places too. What i dont get, is why it a '00 bike 695euro and a '07 bike 895euro. Were bikes made back then much better, or are the newer ones a heap of ****e?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Fabio

Year and mileage aren't big factors with bikes like they are with cars. It's all down to maintenance.

Thanks to fabio and rgfuller i bought the bike through cityspares.ie. Was talking to a guy called daniel there, very helpfull and sound bloke. Would certainly reccomend them if are looking for a bike :) I owe you both a pint!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Anti wrote: »
    Thanks to fabio and rgfuller i bought the bike through cityspares.ie. Was talking to a guy called daniel there, very helpfull and sound bloke. Would certainly reccomend them if are looking for a bike :) I owe you both a pint!

Good luck with the new bike!

Regularly use CitySpares, great guys to deal with.

• Advertisement

Excellent - what one did you buy ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Fabio

Glad to be of some help Anti, another two-wheeler on the road is good for us all!

Just remember to get yourself a decent helmet and gear. Have a read of the Police Riders Handbook for Motorcyclists too.......theory test is nothing at all, roads can be dodgy cos people don't see you so you've gotta be aware.

All the best with it!

Most importantly of all, extra cool points if you can wheelie it

Wheelie...

I was thinking of sticking a t25 turbo onto it, with some nos so i could go drifting on it :p

@rgfuller, just the little Aprillia, with a manual choke. Wonder how long it will take me to kill it with that :o

Wheelie...

I was thinking of sticking a t25 turbo onto it, with some nos so i could go drifting on it :p

@rgfuller, just the little Aprillia, with a manual choke. Wonder how long it will take me to kill it with that :o

Get it in for a service as soon as you get it, and make sure you keep her full of two stroke oil.

• Advertisement

Whats the ratio for 2stroke and petrol normally?

Whats the ratio for 2stroke and petrol normally?

Most scooters nowadays have a separate tank for the oil, it mixes it automatically. On the moped I had in was under the floor section just underneath the seat.

You can find alot of owners manuals online for bikes/scooters - so probably a good idea to look for your particular model/year.

Advertisement