Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Racing Post Poker Supplement - This Saturday

Options
  • 25-03-2010 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭

Just said id put this up here as some people might find it of interest.

This Saturday, the Racing Post are carrying a poker supplement with news from the Irish Poker Landscape.

Both Connie and myself have articles in it and it features interviews with Andy Black and Ken Doherty amongst others.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭MoltenRock

anylink to it on web please?? didnt get RP on satrday

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

There is another supplement in Saturdays edition of the Racing Post. I am a little biased because I wrote the articles but I think it is going to make for very interesting reading. IMO it will definitely be the best supplement to date.

There is a 1700 word interview with Tom Hanlon which details both his Bridge Playing, Tom has played on the European Bridge Team and according to one classification is ranked as the 34th best player in the world, and his Poker Playing. It details how he got into poker and his progression from live games to online. I really think it is a fascinating story, he went skint in a dealers choice cash game in the Griffin Club in the 80's, left one morning owing the house £10k and had cleared his debt just a few months later from playing in the nightly tournaments.

There is also a 1400 word interview with Colette Doherty. The first female and first European to play the WSOP. She talks about travelling to games at festivals and has some cracking stories from some crazy cash games.

Both are really good stories about two of Irelands best poker players. I have honestly went back and read them a number of times since submitting them to the editor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

There is another supplement in Saturdays edition of the Racing Post. I am a little biased because I wrote the articles but I think it is going to make for very interesting reading. IMO it will definitely be the best supplement to date.

There is a 1700 word interview with Tom Hanlon which details both his Bridge Playing, Tom has played on the European Bridge Team and according to one classification is ranked as the 34th best player in the world, and his Poker Playing. It details how he got into poker and his progression from live games to online. I really think it is a fascinating story, he went skint in a dealers choice cash game in the Griffin Club in the 80's, left one morning owing the house £10k and had cleared his debt just a few months later from playing in the nightly tournaments.

There is also a 1400 word interview with Colette Doherty. The first female and first European to play the WSOP. She talks about travelling to games at festivals and has some cracking stories from some crazy cash games.

Both are really good stories about two of Irelands best poker players. I have honestly went back and read them a number of times since submitting them to the editor.

Is this a monthly feature?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

yea, monthly.

Advertisement