Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

XL Photobook or Other Options

• 25-03-2010 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭

Hi All

I am looking to create an XL Photobook as a present for an upcoming birthday. I'm going to be photographing (no scanner) and cropping a few hundred newspaper clippings going back 40 years and Im looking to then create a photobook with the resulting images.

They are newspaper clippings and I want to be able to read the text of the articles too so to that end I've been thinking about it and I reckon I will need at least an A3 size photobook (can't find any bigger) but it's difficult enough to find websites that do this.

I have found a couple below and wanted to know if anyone could reccommend one over the other for what I want to do, or indeed if you reckon I am going about it totally the wrong way then feel free to enlighten me!!

BonusPrint A3-XL (Looks like only 50 pages though)
    Cewe Photobook
    Pixum (28 x 36, says A3 but dont think thats quite A3)

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

You could try out Graphistudio or Sim2000. :)

Just got a book back from Graphi yesterday and the quality is Phoaw!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭djd80

Thanks for those..I cant see that they XL versions though and Graphi espescially is a tad outside my price range!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Visuelle

Graphistudio are expensive but the quality gets top marks, so if your looking for something a little cheaper try blurb.com.

I have made about 15 books with these and the large sizes are very good quality, choose large landscape or large square with image wrap cover and the thicker paper choice, you won't be disappointed.

Advertisement