Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor - HUGE bill for Data calls

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭jimoc

Yeah they said this to me on the phone, but there's no point in me getting it, as I won't use it. I'll just be more careful from now on!

And when you're bro asks to look at your phone beat him over the head with a chair :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

TBH, since it seems that your brother is partly to blame here, he should shoulder part of the cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Yeh I'm surprised there's no base data cost like with PAYG - 99c for the first 50MB and then 2c/kb after that.

I thought this was standard across Bill and PAYG but I could be wrong. What plan are you on?

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

dudara wrote: »
    TBH, since it seems that your brother is partly to blame here, he should shoulder part of the cost.

TBF, he didn't know what it was going to cost, and I just let him mess away.
    Jev/N wrote: »
    Yeh I'm surprised there's no base data cost like with PAYG - 99c for the first 50MB and then 2c/kb after that.

I thought this was standard across Bill and PAYG but I could be wrong. What plan are you on?

Talk 300

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Hmm.. yeah it seems all bill plans without a data package included cost 2c per kb - which is outrageous these days, but I suppose that's how they make their money.

I wonder if this could be considered an unfair term or something similar?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭patrickc

I had the same issue with meteor recently, albeit not as high for data, the charges were made for really late at night when i was asleep, they said i must have rolled on my phone or something, horsesh*te, had to pay it in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭Xcellor

patrickc wrote: »
    I had the same issue with meteor recently, albeit not as high for data, the charges were made for really late at night when i was asleep, they said i must have rolled on my phone or something, horsesh*te, had to pay it in the end

A lot of people when they are drunk decide to phone people late at night. Is it possible that you were hammered and just don't remember? You should be able to find out which number you dialled then you can check with the person.

X

• Registered Users Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭patrickc

Xcellor wrote: »
    A lot of people when they are drunk decide to phone people late at night. Is it possible that you were hammered and just don't remember? You should be able to find out which number you dialled then you can check with the person.

X

it was for data charges, i am sure i didnt use, anyhow it's paid for now, and have disabled internet on my phone, just have wifi enabled now

Advertisement