Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medics medics everywhere

Options
  • 25-03-2010 12:51pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭

While its not too bad on the tig server playing on other servers has become a joke with the overpowered medic guns.
    Played on a server yesterday and everyone except two guys were medics.
    I was in a squad of all medics, i was assault so decided if ya cant beat em join em, 4 medics is just unbeatable.
    Came away with a K/D of 43/5,its just ridiculous how overpowered most of the LMGs are,point and click ,no need to worry about accuracy cos these things are sniper rifles on steroids.
    More accurate than an assault rifle with up to 6 times as many rounds in a clip,seriously they need to sort this out.
    Was reading a few ladder sites and most are of the opinion the game is far from ready for competitive play with the state of the medic class being the biggest issue.
    Its more noticeable on the more infantry based maps as the need for engineers isnt as evident.

Discuss :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

I agree completly the medic has taken over from recon as the most spammed class, I have actually given up on the game for a while until this is addressed

but there is some hope :)

http://twitter.com/Demize99/status/10833476163

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Agreed Cully.

Then again the same happened in BFV with the m60/law combo.

Game got much much better when they addressed that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Agreed Cully.

Then again the same happened in BFV with the m60/law combo.

Game got much much better when they addressed that.

Yeah but i think they patched it within days?

I agree completly the medic has taken over from recon as the most spammed class, I have actually given up on the game for a while until this is addressed

but there is some hope

http://twitter.com/Demize99/status/10833476163

Atleast they are up to something, its not just the M60 though, its most of the LMGs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Get in a tank and destroy them - they keep coming back to life and you keep killing them...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Absolutely agree, the medic class is mental. Not just the guns, a squad member with no health if you heal him gets you 120 pts...and revive 50pts a go.....WTF!

But yes, agree has to be toned down big time. All the last four LMG's have to be scaled (M60-XM8-MG36-TG88) having said that....what else can you use to kill noob tubing assault classes and engi's with CG rocket to kill INFANTRY...Seen this last night on [TiG] for the enitre game. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Dcully wrote: »
    Yeah but i think they patched it within days?

Atleast they are up to something, its not just the M60 though, its most of the LMGs.

Didnt think it was that quick--it was about 3-4 weeks after release if I remember right.

**edit**

Game was released the middle/end of March 2004 and first patch from what I can find was May 21--didnt think it was that long though either.

http://ie.pc.ign.com/articles/518/518014p1.html

Lets hope its not 2 months before they sort this one out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Dunno what gametype yous do be playing, but I find on most RUSH servers, especially Island Icontinentaldunnothenamesomethingorother its just full of Recon sittin on hills.

Recon do my head in more than medics....at least vrs a medic its a decent fight, instead of trying to root out snipers.

Also..medics are great tards, you get a lot of instances where you kill 1 guy, and a medic will run right into your line of fire, revive his mate...and give ye another 2 free kills :):D ....rinse and repeat

I still wanna be able to see my own health though.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Agree with SeantheMan there about snipers. I'd rather play against a fooking squad of medics than a crowd of piss drinking snipers sitting that far back they are nearly in a different map.

Had this last night where at least 9 out of a team of 12 where snipers and we where playing on the map where the first Mcoms are on the island. It was pretty much pointless.

All dice have to do to resolve this issue is introduce kit limiting on servers. Then you can only have X number of medics and snipers etc. No need to change any weapons then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

TheFairy wrote: »
    .Had this last night where at least 9 out of a team of 12 where snipers and we where playing on the map where the first Mcoms are on the island. It was pretty much pointless.

thats why I stay on conquest maps (now runied by squads of m60 wielding medics) its irratating when you are the only guy trying to play the game and take out the mcomms and not just camping on a hill trying to just massage your k/d ratio

No need to change any weapons then.

Thats still leaves hugely overpowered weapons.
    They need to sort both the medic weapons and class limits.
    Snipers can easily be rooted out,if you have a team of them they lose simple as.
    A team of medics will be the opposite and will win every single time.

Further more you can use some LMGs miles away just like snipers.
    Jaysus ive seen medics sit alongside snipers miles away and still be as accurate as snipers, ive tried it myself with the M60,XM8 LMG,MG36 and its like having a fully automatic M95 sniper rifle, its beyond ridiculous.

Atleast snipers are vulnerable up close, medics are not, they simply dominate at any distance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Dunno what gametype yous do be playing, but I find on most RUSH servers, especially Island Icontinentaldunnothenamesomethingorother its just full of Recon sittin on hills.
    TheFairy wrote: »
    Had this last night where at least 9 out of a team of 12 where snipers and we where playing on the map where the first Mcoms are on the island. It was pretty much pointless.

That Map is hilarous. Its the only time I really use a sniper rifle with my sniper class(shotgun FTW), I have the distance for a headshot worked out perfectly by now. Was 32-0 one night picking them all off while they sat on the hill.

With regards to class limits, I don't know how/if that would work.

You would get people whoring certain kits, Sniper/Medic depending on their machines spec...as they'd be into battle first with the option to select whatever kit they wanted.

I don't know if anyone has played Day of Defeat...but trying to get a shot of the Sniper class is near impossible, its always chosen, and they wont give it up.

I think this would be the same

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

well I thought it was good for onece an LMG can kill people. When i played with LMGs on bf2 I just naded people and when I ran out of nades i switched to the pistol.

Still I have only managed to log into the game onece this week so in playing bf2 instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

The only game that ever did a support class properly was Arma2 or Day of defeat

For a game that screams about its realism etc, it dropped the ball here.

Firstly, a support gunner and medic are the two most important people in any squad/platoon. Youd never have them as the one person.

Secondly a medic needs to be fast and mobile, they would never be given a support gun. A support gunner by nature carries more kit and is alot slower, the medic needs to be mobile and fast to get to the wounded.

Having a LMG that A)fire from the hip accurately B) Take targets from distance and c) have a close cluster of slugs, is THE more unrealistic thing I've seen since TF2.

Its so **** its not even funny : /

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

The most frustrating thing about the whole thing is when your an engineer and you are completely out of ammo and you look around for an assaulter there is none within a 3 server radius.

karma_ wrote: »
    The most frustrating thing about the whole thing is when your an engineer and you are completely out of ammo and you look around for an assaulter there is none within a 3 server radius.

I dont be alive long enough to run out of ammo :D:D

Seriously though the extra ammo pack upgrade with the mines--give you 8(or is it 6?) instead of 4 and the extra shotty upgrade-12 shots instead of 6 before reload is quite good.

Karma and The Doc i fully agree.
    Its a shocking shame tbh as the game apart from issues mentioned is truely great fun and should have big staying power.

Id like to add the ww2 pistol to the list 911 something, and no not the porsche 911 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Id like to add the ww2 pistol to the list 911 something, and no not the porsche 911 :P

Colt M1911. That gun has been in service with the US army for 100 years now and it's sill going strong. It's hard to think of a single other piece of century old technology that is still seeing daily use on the frontlines.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,262 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Karma and The Doc i fully agree.
    Its a shocking shame tbh as the game apart from issues mentioned is truely great fun and should have big staying power.

One of these?

http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg04-e.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

m60 spam !

• Advertisement

TheDoc wrote: »

For a game that screams about its realism etc, it dropped the ball here.

That a Joke ? ....

I never seen 1 instance where BF:BC2 commented or advertised its closeness to reality. Its as far removed from it as any arcade shooter out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

SeantheMan wrote: »
    That a Joke ? ....

I never seen 1 instance where BF:BC2 commented or advertised its closeness to reality. Its as far removed from it as any arcade shooter out there.

One of the dev videos i watched was pouting its chest over its realistic destruction engine and the trajectory on bullets over distance and realistic recoil

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

TheDoc wrote: »
    One of the dev videos i watched was pouting its chest over its realistic destruction engine and the trajectory on bullets over distance and realistic recoil

The bullet trajectories are semi-realistic as they drop over distance, recoil is also pretty realistic on certain weapons but crap on others.

TBH if you're looking for realism play Arma or Operation Flashpoint, games like BF and COD are purely for fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Nothin more annoying than groups of medics with those lmg,
    To me the shotgun is a small bit underpowered at close range.

Never bothers me playing against a team of snipers just load up the tanks and have gunners and they need to c4 you up close to damage ya which is hard if you have a gunner .

sink wrote: »
    The bullet trajectories are semi-realistic as they drop over distance, recoil is also pretty realistic on certain weapons but crap on others.

TBH if you're looking for realism play Arma or Operation Flashpoint, games like BF and COD are purely for fun.

Add Red orchestra to the list of realism shooters.
    Id class BC2 as semi realistic but more on the realism side of the scale than the arcade side so to speak, a hell of a lot more so than MW2 etc.
    Fair balls to dice for not going the easy route and atleast trying to hit a fine balance of realism V fun and accessability,i think they have come pretty close to what they set out to achieve.
    Just sort some of the weapons please :)

Karma,

You get plenty of assault on the maps but they so busy noobing they NEVER drop ammo packs its a joke. I am forever asking for ammo when I play....the only way you actually get the bullets is if you on TEAMSPEAK and one of you guys hear me...lmao. Then the others know I have no bullets aswell :mad:

Peeps really need to at least try and play the game properly....if you a class and the lad in front is flashing drop a pack....hell drop packs all over the place someone will use them.

TBH in the list of bugs the medic class should be the last thing sorted...

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Karma,

You get plenty of assault on the maps but they so busy noobing they NEVER drop ammo packs its a joke. I am forever asking for ammo when I play....the only way you actually get the bullets is if you on TEAMSPEAK and one of you guys hear me...lmao. Then the others know I have no bullets aswell :mad:

Peeps really need to at least try and play the game properly....if you a class and the lad in front is flashing drop a pack....hell drop packs all over the place someone will use them.

TBH in the list of bugs the medic class should be the last thing sorted...

Nothing worse then that happening besides getting knifed in the back! :P

Yeah that and now the SHOTGUN BUG!!!!

I play medic...its the class I love playing not because of the guns I use any of them. I was always a medic in BF2 aswell.....But at least when I play I go outta my way to revive squad mates and actively look for them on the map even if it means getting killed....yes you adapt to the game. If you are getting raped by a tank or two and die I would spawn back as engi (or kill an engi to get a kit hehe).

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Yeah that and now the SHOTGUN BUG!!!!

I play medic...its the class I love playing not because of the guns I use any of them. I was always a medic in BF2 aswell.....But at least when I play I go outta my way to revive squad mates and actively look for them on the map even if it means getting killed....yes you adapt to the game. If you are getting raped by a tank or two and die I would spawn back as engi (or kill an engi to get a kit hehe).

Nice to mix up the classes as well for a bit of variety, I like playing medic myself usually the class I get most points from, revive after revive after revive ha

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,262 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Shows the Neostead in use with slugs and one hit kills, with minimal aiming at long range.

Advertisement