Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medics medics everywhere

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

NOW THAT IS A BUG....WTF. The thing took down a chopper ffs. And just before that shot 2 dudes with the one bullets....I swear if this gets rampant I will wage war on FOOKERS! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Maybe I'm remembering this wrong but this kind of issue never really happened in BF2, the guns as far as I remembered them were all fairly well balanced. The only thing that comes close is the noob tube but they tweaked it with a patch and then it became a lot more difficult to get kills with it.

Maybe the shear amount of weapons in BC2 is the problem?

Nah, most of the weapons in BFBC2 are very similar. TBH they could do with getting rid of a few as they are the same but look different.

They need to work on the stability fixes 1st and foremost. Then address the bugs ingame.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Spear wrote: »
    Shows the Neostead in use with slugs and one hit kills, with minimal aiming at long range.

Care to point out a video that's not in Hardcore mode. FFS I can kill people from across the maps with a smg in hardcore.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

whats the shotgun bug?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,262 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Care to point out a video that's not in Hardcore mode. FFS I can kill people from across the maps with a smg in hardcore.

Normal mode won't do anything about the infinite range or lack of drop. Even in normal it'll still be two hits or so to kill.

Beg to differ^^^^ I was doing this yesterday on an empty TIG server to see if it works and MY GOD its BAD...I swear its just MENTAL. I was medic and tried to kill enerzue an ridire. I am talking you will get about 2 bullets out of a medic gun and get totally NOOBed with one shot kill from a huge distance......

:mad: :eek:

what is the bug?!?!?!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Yea tried this out last night myself, getting one shot kills from mad distances. It will be a complete nightmare if this catches on. Although at close range it seems to be very poor.

yeah, ok, still not telling me how to do it, I've a polish server that needs some humble pie after last night?!?!?!

• Advertisement

Basically you select the SPAS or the Neo...select the add on that sacrifices the power for range and then select MGM AIM and you have yourself and fookin shotgun sniper rifle!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

anyone else after getting killed by completley random weapons in freak incidents , i was on a near empty server last night i was in a tank chasing down a medic he turned on me opened fire with machine gun tank went from 100% to 0% in a few seconds and expoded nobody else was near us i think it bothered the other guy as much as me , both just were like wtf .......
    Also noticed the odd time you may be in a tank or whatever being attacked from a few different sides and the tank will explode and the kill will come up as being from a sniper rifle or assault rifle !!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

No big secret Doc, just choose a shotgun, Spas-12 or Neostead in most cases, choose the heavy slug & aiming perk and Bobs your uncle. You can basically snipe with it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,262 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

anyone else after getting killed by completley random weapons in freak incidents , i was on a near empty server last night i was in a tank chasing down a medic he turned on me opened fire with machine gun tank went from 100% to 0% in a few seconds and expoded nobody else was near us i think it bothered the other guy as much as me , both just were like wtf .......
    Also noticed the odd time you may be in a tank or whatever being attacked from a few different sides and the tank will explode and the kill will come up as being from a sniper rifle or assault rifle !!

Always been that way in BF games. The credit for the kill can often be given for the last thing to do any damage, even if it wasn't the killing shot. I've also seen messages saying that I was killed by DEATH as the weapon.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Ruffty^

Hey, shotgun with the heavy slug on HardCore Rush. Get used to it, and you can annihilate the attacking team when they are parachuting in. I got this french kid 4 times in a row, he couldn't even type to complain because he was dead so quick :D I felt a little guilty afterwards.
    Also I hate the chat, no chatting when you are dead, can't even see last chat. Bloody impossible to have an argument or anything :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

that shotgun with the heavy slug will have to be toned down in the next patch hopefully , when your getting accurate 1 shot kills from a good distance away with a shotgun somethin is wrong!!

It is a pain in the arse that you cant type when dead......especially to call some numpty a mongo or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Been playing assault mainly for a good bit, but said i may as well try out other classes. Had a bit of fun with engineer and rockets, and have maxed that out.

Tried m60 medic for a bit and didn't like it, so now i am ranking up recon with that sniping shotgun malarky. Pretty funny to headshot dudes from a half mile away, and other times not kill a dude after giving him a facefull of lead up close. Atm though its pretty hard to play because my connection is pretty terrible.
    But yeah, there is a lot of medics running round atm, dunno how they stand it

They should bring in the spy class from TF2.....that way I could go around as a medic spy and kill all you lot trying to be a medic. :o

Advertisement