Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Countdown to UFC 111

• 25-03-2010 12:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭

Countdown to UFC 111 show in 2 parts. Mostly about Mir vs Carwin but worth it for that alone. Can't wait for that fight!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I wonder if Carwin's lay off has been too long. Mir is going to leave so much money on table in relation to a rematch with Brock if he loses this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

rovert wrote: »
    I wonder if Carwin's lay off has been too long. Mir is going to leave so much money on table in relation to a rematch with Brock if he loses this weekend.

Honestly can't call it. I want Mir to win but at the same time, it would be such a waste if he did win just to have Brock treat him like a little girl again (assuming Brock likes to beat up little girls).

A good punch from Carwin could finish Mir. Too tight to put money on it i'm afraid.

So how quickly will GSP end it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭DoireNod

Where is this on? ESPN?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

i'd love to see Carwin v Lesnar, would be an awseome match and i'd favour Carwin, because his hands.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

DoireNod wrote: »
    Where is this on? ESPN?

Most likely. MMALinker.com should have the main fights a few hours after it airs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Lord Muck

Thats a scary statistic from Carwin, he has eleven k.o.'s from eleven fights that all combined to 12 minutes cage time. yikes!
    I just think Mir is a better all rounder fighter these days, i'm expecting Carwin to get sub'd early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

he hasnt though, hes got 4 submissions, one submission due to strikes, a few tkos and a few kos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I think people are getting carried away with carwin?
    who has he beat bar gonzaga and gonzaga sadly
    has no defence and still nearly took the head off carwin.
    Then again you can only beat whats put in front of
    you and that's exactly what he has done

Mir won't make that mistake,
    I thinks he's far too experienced and better
    in almost every department than carwin.
    I honestly think carwin has zero chance of beating mir
    or lesnar for that matter.

For me there's only one fly in the ointment to both mir
    and even lesnar and thats velasquez.
    I'm confident Velasquez will be the hw champ within 18 months.
    Can't wait to see who velas gets next and then theres
    the very exciting junior dos santos.

To think a few years back the divisions top two were
    sylvia and arlovski...it's amazing really the talent in the
    hw div

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Mir is going to walk through Carwin. Mir has quicker better hands and has better BJJ. Carwin has the better wrestling.

I see Mir catching Carwin and dropping him and from there it's either a stoppage due to strikes or a sub.

Advertisement