Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Cancellation

• 25-03-2010 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭

Hi, i have eircom 7 meg, have it about 3 days and its absolutely crap.

Signal drops and not getting the speed im paying for. So I want to get rid of it and get wimax.

So what im asking, before I call them, is: Should there be any problem with me canceling it?

Is there a specific number to call so im not passed around every operator they have?

Thanks for the help guys.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    So what im asking, before I call them, is: Should there be any problem with me canceling it?

Is there a specific number to call so im not passed around every operator they have?

Thanks for the help guys.

I think you may need to let them try and resolve the issue before they agree to cancel the service. You would have signed a contract but may have a cooling off period. I'd advise you to check the T&C of the contract before you call.

You shouldn't give up so easy either, it could be something very easy that is causing slow speeds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

http://www.consumerconnect.ie/eng/Learning_Zone/FAQs/Online_shopping/6_The_cooling-off_period.html

You have 7 days from the date of receipt of the service to cancel without any penalty. Ring customer care, explain what you want to do, and they will tell you what you need to do. Best to put it in writing and send in by registered post too, just so you have it verifiable. Get the name of any person you talk to on the phone, and keep records of everything said.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Called them earlier on, got the BB cancled no problems. If I wanted to cancle the account, it would be 86e fee, but because I have the free line rental offer for 10 months, it makes no differance to keep it.

So, for the next months, when the contract is up, i will be billed every month, in the amount of -€0.00. In 6 months time, I call them back and cancle the account, free of charge.

Once off the phone with them, I called imagine and ordered wimax 7meg, unlimited DL allowance, no lone charge, and its only 35e.

Advertisement