Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

text message controller

Options
  • 25-03-2010 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭

has anyone ever used/installed one of these to control lighting etc in the house?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

has anyone ever used/installed one of these to control lighting etc in the house?

Hi maxamillius,

This unit might be what your looking for.
    G-smart can function to remote connection/disconnection.
    Relays 2-8 can be connected to any electrical device.
    This means that by sms the user can operate electrical devices remotely, receiving back through sms the confirmation of the correct connection/disconnection.
    It can be used on lights, central heating (temperature control) and alarms

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭maxamillius

hi altor thanks for your reply,is there a link for the gsmart unit?have you ever installed one?JUST LOOKIN TOWARDS THE FUTURE REALLY AND THIS CAME UP AS AN IDEA,IT WOULD BE HANDY TO BE ABLE TO TURN LIGHTS,COOKER,HEATING ALARM ETC ALL FROM YOUR MOBILE PHONE!

hi altor thanks for your reply,is there a link for the gsmart unit?have you ever installed one?JUST LOOKIN TOWARDS THE FUTURE REALLY AND THIS CAME UP AS AN IDEA,IT WOULD BE HANDY TO BE ABLE TO TURN LIGHTS,COOKER,HEATING ALARM ETC ALL FROM YOUR MOBILE PHONE!

I have used them for alarms but there is alot more you can do with them. If you pm me your e-mail i will send you on the user/installer guide.

brilliant il pm ya now thanks a lot altor

brilliant il pm ya now thanks a lot altor

Your welcome,
    Manual sent.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Are you looking to switch numerous items.?
    The Signet 220 will do this & losts more with X10 via a web browser and/or cause & effect.

hi koolkid,its really just a general sort of question was just wondering what sort of possibilities there is out there for switching 230v loads as i said like lighting heating etc!

feel free to add your 2 cents mate just lookin for ideas,il have a look at the signet now thanks

Advertisement