Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus to Liffey Vally SC

Options
  • 25-03-2010 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭

Been years since I lived in Dublin so cant remember, but are there any buses that go from the City Centre to the actual Shopping Centre?
    I checked the Dublin Bus website but all the routes seem to stop near it, just gives Lucan Road etc as the nearest stop?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

78A from City Centre stops right outside LVSC. The 66/a,67/a,25 and 25a all stop on the N4 and are only a 5 minute walk from the shopping centre and much quicker than the 78a.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Get a 25/a or a 66/a, 67/a

They're the fastest way there (And a lot nicer than the 78a)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

They all stop just beside the footbridge, the same side as the SC. 66,66a,66b,25,25a,67,67a. Would not recommend the 78a either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Cheers all

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You can see the yellow roofed bus on Lucan Road here: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=53.355687,-6.391742&spn=0.001191,0.002897&t=h&z=18

The shopping centre is immediately south - just walk up the ramp to the footbridge (but don't cross the footbridge).

The buses that actually go into the centre take mad tours of the area first.

http://www.mkmap.com/dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Don't get on a 78A if you can help it. Horrible and full of junkies.

Victor wrote: »

Is the crossover bridge at the Lucan Rd. (Fonthill Rd.) stop?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

footbridge would not be to far from Clarrion hotel , as previous posters said, better of getting one of busses that stop at footbrige and avoid 78a if poss.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    Is the crossover bridge at the Lucan Rd. (Fonthill Rd.) stop?
    No, its the stops east of Fonthill Road, closer to the M50.

Stop 2213, Lucan Road, Liffey Valley (westbound) and 2239, Lucan Road, Kings Hospital (eastbound)

You are thinking of Stop 2214, Lucan Road, Clarion Hotel (westbound) and Stop 5056, Lucan Road, Roundabout For Liffey Valley Slip Rd (eastbound)

Nice one, cheers all. Got the 66 and it was spot on. Just reading about the 78 ... by the sounds of it I think I may have been on that a good while back, I have a vague memory of being on a dodgy bus

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Bloody hell the 78A isn't that bad...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

In my experience it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

It really, really is.

Advertisement