Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pompey match

Options
  • 25-03-2010 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭

This should be a good game it's a must win and there without there man of the season O'Hara however this is the normal time we would usually f*ck up so hopefully we won't.

It's also going to be intresting as to how we line out with Charlie and Bassong both taking knocks last night and Gudjohnsen having a great game last night aswell.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭ohnoigotsick

This should be a good game it's a must win and there without there man of the season O'Hara however this is the normal time we would usually f*ck up so hopefully we won't.

It's also going to be intresting as to how we line out with Charlie and Bassong both taking knocks last night and Gudjohnsen having a great game last night aswell.

think it's time to use a few squad players - no point in buying the like of naughton and walker and not using them (i know one of them is out on loan)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Palacios played with a groin tear yesterday so he might be a doubt for this match now but Redknapp said he just refused to not play he came on kicked the ball around and said he could play

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'll take a 1-0 one shot on target and it was an own goal from this.

Not getting 3 points here will take so much wind out of our sails and we would have to beat two of the big 3 to get it back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

think it's time to use a few squad players - no point in buying the like of naughton and walker and not using them (i know one of them is out on loan)

those guys wont get a look in. if corluka is injured then kaboul will step in. the stakes are too high to be playing young lads at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭ohnoigotsick

mickman wrote: »
    those guys wont get a look in. if corluka is injured then kaboul will step in. the stakes are too high to be playing young lads at the moment.

stakes are high all right , but we paid a couple of million for these lads. kaboul doesn't fill me with confidence - granted i didn't see how he got on at stoke -

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Obviously each game from here on in is going to be the most important in our season, gradually getting more important until we're either safe in 4th or out of the running. Win against Portsmouth and we move on to the next game, which wouldn't just mean beating Sunderland away, but winning 6 games in a row in the EPL for the first time since it was created (I think).

We can't get carried away though. Like ziedth said, I don't really care about performances any more, just results. Win them ugly, win them pretty, I don't care, just win them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

we really should be able to win this easy. i know we have said that b4 but pompey have nothing to play for in the PL. defoe is ready to play but harry will rest him id say

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I don't think I'd really rest anyone at this point, 4th is not going to be won and lost against the big three it's beating all the weaker teams and city that it is coming down too.

Walker could start tomorrow if he can get over an ankle niggle he picked up yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Walker could start tomorrow if he can get over an ankle niggle he picked up yesterday

Would be nice to see Walker starting, Belhadj (if he plays ) would be a serious test with his pace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I heard on SNN tonight that Pompey have 11 first team players injured for tomorrows game,I'm wondering are they really injured or they being saved for the cup semi??.they also showed a clip of Lennon running in training,that was nice to see.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

tippspur wrote: »
    I heard on SNN tonight that Pompey have 11 first team players injured for tomorrows game,I'm wondering are they really injured or they being saved for the cup semi??.they also showed a clip of Lennon running in training,that was nice to see.:cool:

Yeah he has been running alrite, but there's a big difference in doing it on training pitch and for real. Hopefully he is back in the reckoning for the big games coming up, his raw pace is invaluable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Going to make a bold prediction here, but if we score early i can see a comfortable 4-0 win COYS.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Going to make a bold prediction here, but if we score early i can see a comfortable 4-0 win COYS.

Was thinking along those lines too (score early) but went for 4-1, even thinking it might be another Wiganesque(?) demolition.

Is anyone else worried about this Pompey didn't actually fall apart untill the two injuries midweek the only good thing really is that o'Hara can't play for them if we score early it could be a riot but I hope we score before half time or i'll get really worried

STARTING XI:
    Gomes;
    K Walker, Dawson, Bassong, Bale;
    Bentley, Huddlestone, Modric, Kranjcar;
    Gudjohnsen, Crouch.

Subs: Alnwick, Assou-Ekotto, Kaboul, Livermore, Palacios, Rose, Pavlyuchenko

Pav and Palacios obviously still carying niggles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

hope bentley starts.

we must win plain and simple.

win well andcould put doubts in their mind for the fa cup match!

Portsmouth: James,
    Finnan, Hreidarsson, Mokoena, Basinas,
    Brown, Mullins, Hughes, Vanden Borre,
    Piquionne, Kanu.

Subs: Ashdown, Owusu-Abeyie, Webber, Ward, Ritchie, Sowah.
    Referee: Kevin Friend (Leicestershire)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Is anyone else worried about this Pompey didn't actually fall apart untill the two injuries midweek the only good thing really is that o'Hara can't play for them if we score early it could be a riot but I hope we score before half time or i'll get really worried

Yep, been worried all week, it has dropped points written all over it! An early goal or two would be nice, nil nil at half time and the pressure builds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

any links???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Sopcast link

sop://broker1.sopcast.com:3912/90335

working ok

1-0 crouch

links try myp2p into google it'll give u all of them

Kranjcar puts us two up great work from kyle walker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

2-0 krancjar:D
    2 ex pompey players do the business!
    and we've hit the crossbar twice.
    should be an easy ending to the game(hopefully):o

COYS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

7 points clear of pool and villa with 7 games left , how good does that feel lads!

Game not over yet Gomes has had to make two excellent saves I have been very impressed with Walker he looks to be maybe a little less solid the Corluka but better going forward

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

AND 5 points clear of city its feels a lot safer having points then GIH there's always a chance they'll mess up :D
    have faith lads i know im hoping for a top 4 finish and an f.a final!
    sounds amazing when i read that out:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Kranjcar isn't playing particularly well lately and he looks off form today too, Wouldn't mind seeing Rose come on for him.

I thought Pompey would come here looking to do something just because they don't seem to like us much but look at Kanu, he just looks like he wants to be somewhere else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Emoran wrote: »
    AND 5 points clear of city its feels a lot safer having points then GIH there's always a chance they'll mess up :D
    have faith lads i know im hoping for a top 4 finish and an f.a final!
    sounds amazing when i read that out:)

its unreal to think that if we hadnt dropped 11 pts to wolves stoke and hull we'd be challengin!.

before any one says anything i know i know...if if if if if if

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

One more goal to make me relax please, preferably quickly.

Advertisement