Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pompey match

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Daws off :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Does it look bad? We really need him to be fit.

Assou ekotto coming on be intresting to see who he replaces it's kranjcar.

I don't know bout the injury hoping it's only precautionary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

disappointing to see him go off considering he's been our player of the year in my opinion(bar super pav obviously:p) hope its not too bad because he really has been fantastic lately deserves a place in the england squad
    come on spurs finish the game off please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

come on pav grab a 3rd:rolleyes:
    villa are being humiliated:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Pompey players dropping like flies 0_0 and we're going soft on the tackling.

What happened to Webber?

10 or so minutes of stoppage time against 10 players? Come on let's get a couple of goals out of this.

What happened to Webber?

Looked like another pull/twist. Same with James. Warming up is important.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Job done, 2 more goals, a clean sheet, and most imporantly 3 points. Bring on Sunderland.

• Advertisement

Kold wrote: »
    Looked like another pull/twist. Same with James. Warming up is important.
    Ok was afraid it was a hard tackle or something

Very much job done great work 5 in a row too .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

SuprSi wrote: »
    Job done, 2 more goals, a clean sheet, and most imporantly 3 points. Bring on Sunderland.

totlly agree,

no a great game though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

we win again thank god. next sat is crunch, id take a point up there

wil wilson play? if he gets a yellow then he misses arsenal. if he takes a gambe and dont play him (we wont need him in cup semi) then he will make all the big games in april. i think we should let him out of it. harry will prob go with same team that he sent to stoke except defoe will prob b back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Delighted with that win. Had Bale as my captain in fantasy, thank god for the clean sheet! Everyone else in my league had Lampard as captain though, 58 points as a captain!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Great result,

don't care about the game tbh, we need to bury Sunderland now and even just three against the big games in April.

Looking better and better.

Cots

Third best defense in the league now too it's great

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Third best defense in the league now too it's great
    That's unreal for Spurs,Dawson and Bassong looking good as a partnership in the heart of our defense.It's great to be winning all these games with a tough month of April coming up..I'm starting to believe..:cool:

Agreed,

It's going to the point that the starting to believe point has passed and you just have to believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

another boring win :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,732 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Another vital 3 points in the bag, we are keeping the pressure on Liverpool and City to get wins and stay in touch. Hopefully the Dawson injury is not serious, we've done really well with the "bare bones" in the last few weeks, and with the likes of Lennon and JD on the way back we should be fairly fresh for the final few weeks.

All along I've been expecting us to fall short of 4th but now I'm finally believing we can do it. I still think it will come down to the last week of the season with City away then Burnley away, hopefully we are in control of our own destiny at that stage.

• Advertisement

If we could have our own fate in our hands with 3 games to go we should be very very happy and confident we can do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

another boring win :)

I'll take 6 more of them ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭ohnoigotsick

a wins a win as they say.

not a great performance , gomes and bale being the pick of the bunch - didn't really get out of second gear , thought walker did well , lots of running off the ball only for bently to do too many step overs before slowing it down , impressed with kabol when he came on - no nonsense approach.

important few weeks coming up - think we need to be aiming to get the 3 points against sunderland - it's a game we would need wilson for but i think were better off resting him till the arsenal game and let him get booked every game after that !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

I forgot to mention this earlier in the week. Was anybody in the Irish Club before the game. The Pompey fan with the big hat and the tattoos, waistcoat, bare belly etc was in there. He is a big porky but is sound - was getting his photos taken with the Spurs fans etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I wonder why he didn't go to the Bricklayers,;)

Advertisement