Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exec Elections

Options
  • 25-03-2010 2:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Anyone hear any rumours yet?

Edel Ni Churraion for Arts, Dylan Broomfield (!) for Environmental, Conor O' Hanlon (current head of LawSoc) for Law and B&L PRO, former L & H Auditor Ian Hastings for Postgrad Officer, lots of names for Women's Officer, Aoife Nic Samhrain for Health Sciences.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Someone spilled coffee on my womans officer nomination forms last year and I only had two signatures to get. I was highly unimpressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Maggie O'Connor and Justin Brayden are going for Science PRO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

I think Catherine Murnane was talking about going for Law & B&L PRO aswell...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Exec wrote: »
    Anyone hear any rumours yet?

I heard that nobody gives a flying f***.

Seriously though, who keeps making these single post accounts just to 'gossip' about the SU?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 JCMcQ

Edel Ní Churraoin for Arts PRO. There's been talk of Rob Palmintieri but I'm not sure

Nadine Feaheny and Conor O'Hanlon for Law PRO. Catherine Murnane is NOT going for it anymore though had planned to.

Charlotte Younghusband isn't going for Vet PRO despite a few people trying to convince her.

Mandy Power and Regina Brady for Women's Officer. There's talk of a guy, Ian Woods but it might just be a piss take.

Broomfield for Environment, haven't heard about anyone else but chances are there are others.....

Rúairí Ó Maoilmheana for Irish Language Officer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Who actually gives a flying fúck in all honesty. I thought we were free from people pestering you to vote for so and so in their glorified popularity contest at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 JCMcQ

Oh, and I heard Paddy Conroy for Post Grad

I really dont care but im just relaying the information. Sarah Murray for Irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Exec

Arts

Edel Ni Churraion
    Micheal Gallagher
    Andy Halligan
    James Doyle
    Rebecca ???

Science
    Maggie O' Connor
    Justin Brayden

Health Science
    Aoife Nic Samhrain

Law and B&L
    Conor O' Hanlon
    Nadine Feaheny

Engineering and Arch
    Patrick Alvarez

Women's Officer
    Suzanne Lee
    Regina Brady
    Mandy Power

Environmental
    Dylan Broomfield
    Tracey O' Connor
    Alan Pierce
    Someone Else

Irish Language
    Sarah Murray
    Rory Mulvaney

Postgrad
    Patrick Conroy
    Martin Lawless

Some names probably ommitted or spelled incorrectly, apologies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭33% God

*warms up RONing hand*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Jesica Fletcher

For those who may have an interest Sarah Ní Mhuirí for Irish Language Officer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

pithater1 wrote: »
    Who actually gives a flying fúck in all honesty. I thought we were free from people pestering you to vote for so and so in their glorified popularity contest at this stage.

I almost gave in last week when an absolute hottie was canvasing for herself for the L&H :D Though obviously I didn't actually vote....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

I almost gave in last week when an absolute hottie was canvasing for herself for the L&H :D Though obviously I didn't actually vote....

I think who was going to win the L&H was a foregone conclusion once those posters of hers went up.

pljudge321 wrote: »
    I think who was going to win the L&H was a foregone conclusion once those posters of hers went up.

Really? Cos it was a boy (Niall Fahy) who won. Goes to show the hot girl doesn't always win.

Really? Cos it was a boy (Niall Fahy) who won. Goes to show the hot girl doesn't always win.

Girls never win. Have you seen the Sabat officers, not a looker among them, since Holly Irvine 3 years ago anyway. Any port in a storm :p

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Gleeson90

Vote for the guy whose campaign team I'm on!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Gleeson90 wrote: »
    Vote for the guy whose campaign team I'm on!

Nah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Gleeson90 wrote: »
    Vote for the guy whos campaign team I'm on
    Banned. Boards.ie is not your personal propoganda service. Duration is a month, elections should be over by then.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Anyone notice the Martin Lawless full page election advert in the current edition of The Observer?

It uses the exact same format/typeset/font as UCDSU posters - did the Union create it and pay for it?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭aequinoctium

It uses the exact same format/typeset/font as UCDSU posters - did the Union create it and pay for it?:confused:

yes

• Advertisement

Anyone notice the Martin Lawless full page election advert in the current edition of The Observer?

Or maybe he cleverly deliberately copied it.

I hope he gets the job too, after seeing him talk at the USI hustings (I dont really care about USI, I was there for the show about one particular candidate......) I have a huge amount of respect for that man.

Update - Dylan Broomfield has pulled out of the race for Environmental. Engineering Student Anthony James McElwee is running for Environmental but running a non paper campaign. And Emma Fortune is running for Business PRO.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Fad wrote: »
    Or maybe he cleverly deliberately copied it.

Cleverly? Just gives an impression that he is a SU hack if thats the case.:confused:

Just my opinion anyways!

Anyway I would expect him to win the election - he has plenty of experience.

Engineering Student Anthony James McElwee is running for Environmental but running a non paper campaign.

Running a paper campaign now afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

Fad wrote: »
    Running a paper campaign now afaik.

He was never planning on running a paperless campaign, its in his maifesto to reduce the amount of paper used by the SU in all of their elections, club advertsing etc.

pljudge321 wrote: »
    He was never planning on running a paperless campaign, its in his maifesto to reduce the amount of paper used by the SU in all of their elections, club advertsing etc.

Yet to see a manifesto.

I was told he was running a literally "Paperless" campaign.....as ever Meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭maximalistic

who won what?

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gingy

These are the results I heard earlier on today, not sure if the count details have been announced yet but; Sarah Ní Mhúirí won Irish, Edel Ní Churraoin and James Doyle won Arts, Alan won environmental, Regina won women's and Martin Lawless won Postgrad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Maggie O'Connor got science..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Jesica Fletcher

Aoife Nic Samhráin got Health Sci PRO, Anna Fortune Business, Patch and Cian unopposed for Eng and Ag respectively and there was no vet running. Still haven't heard the results of the recount for Law.

Advertisement